IGNORED

Front Running/Turn LED problem

ToyOdie

I've been working on an electrical problem with my front turn signals. I ordered a set of running/turn LED's from Custom Dynamics (1157 amber). I already have the Kuryakan run/stop/turn and Custom Dynamics LED's in the back with the LED brake light. They all work fine. I installed a second load equalizer from Kuryakan for the front LEDs. The front only will come on for running and flash for turn as long as I don't have my driving light on. If I turn on my driving light the running lights work but the LED turns off if I try the turn signal. I have tried running the power and the ground for the driving lights directly to the battery for troubleshooting and still have the same problem. None of the changes I've tried effect the rear signals or brake. Any suggestion?:think:

Do you currently have 2 load equalizers tied to the front turn signals? I had to use 2 tied just to the front lights on my 08 RSTD otherwise they did some weird things. Make sure they are both on the wires for the turn signals and not the running lights also.

Do you currently have 2 load equalizers tied to the front turn signals? I had to use 2 tied just to the front lights on my 08 RSTD otherwise they did some weird things. Make sure they are both on the wires for the turn signals and not the running lights also.

The run/stop/turn kit had a lead for a second load equalizer for the front. When I ordered the lights I called Kuryakan to see if that was all I needed. They said all I had to do for the front was to add the second load EQ to the kit. I just can't figure out what the driving lights have to do with the problem. It's like they're getting to the flasher relay and not letting them flash. If I turn on the turn signal with the driving lights off, they work fine. If I turn on the driving lights the turn signal goes completely out. Then if I turn off the driving lights, the turn signal will start flashing about 5 sec later. This one has me stumped.:think:

Did you wire each front signal to an individual EQ?

Mine did something similar. If the motor was running, increasing the voltage in the system, mine would sort of flash and with it off they wouldn't do anything. I added a 2nd load equalizer to the front signals in the headlight housing and they worked. You will have to get 2 equalizers I believe. They have 2 leads normally but I think they are only capable of applying X amount of load per equalizer so hooking both wires to the same light does not double the load for you. Check with the tech guys at Custom Dynamics. They were very helpful when I installed mine and had issues. They even sent me a free equalizer when I ordered 1 to try to solve my issues just incase that wasn't enough.