IGNORED

07 yamaha venture stator upgraded

I don't believe you can get a higher output stator than the one you already have.

I don't know what a dealer would charge, but it won't be cheap. Changing the stator is a big job. Basically you have to take everything off the left side of the bike plus the seat and battery box. Probably a 4-6 hour job plus parts.

Technically, it's not a difficult job, just time consuming. My problem is that the older I get the less I want to wrench, especially on something with tight work clearances.:backinmyday:

They are available from Buckeye performance and are rated about 55 amps. The stock ones are rated 30 amps, IIRC. http://www.buckeyeperformance.com/p24.htm

Some dealers may do the job, but I would either do it myself or take it to an independent shop to get it done. I haven't done it but I'm guessing it is probably a 4 hr job @ whatever the going shop rate is in your area.

skydoc_17 on this forum also sells an upgrade kit that includes the stator, gaskets, upgraded regulator/rectifier, and needed wiring.

Edited by pofarm
added info