IGNORED

Compare Venture with Suzuki vs1400 Intruder please

DrAlloway

I have been riding a Suzuki Intruder vs1400 for years

but thinking about the Venture

because it has 4 cylinders and 1300cc in a cruiser format (seems about ideal to me)

Can anybody compare the two bikes please ??

I have read the tech specs of Venture

about weight, seat height, etc

But advertisements don't mention other things like

long distance comfort

acceleration and top end

handling in twisties

gas mileage in various conditions

etc

I have found my vs1400 to be pretty much bullet proof

so parts failure and maintenance are important to me

thanks, Bob

The Venture comes with a 5 YEAR WARRANTY... basically unheard of in the motorcycle industry. Suzukis, Yamahas and Hondas are pretty bullet proof and I've owned them all. Can't say anthing about kawasakis as I've never owned one, although my friend swears by his. For comfort I can ride my 2007 RSV 10 -12 hours (500-600 mi) comfortably... Great wind protection plenty of power and top it all off with its standard electronic cruise control, CB and radio...Yup, shes a Keeper!

Comfort: We've done several 300-700 mile rides and have no complaints for comfort. I would suggest (personal preference) a driver back rest. I have friends who have made rides well over 1000 miles and they say much the same. We're doing the entire Natchez Trace Parkway next month. We did part of it last year. That will be our longest ride so far. I anticipate no discomfort. Well perhaps the price of gas :whistling:

Mileage: I get an average of 42-46 MPG on my 2009 Venture, two up, bags and trunk packed. I follow the speed limit pretty closely, 70mph on interstates (cruise control) and whatever is posted on the state/county roads.

Engine: As previously stated the Venture engine/drive system is considered "bullet proof". A lot of riders talk/complain/mention a whine when driving (not the passenger :no-no-no: ). I have that on my Venture but don't find it to be a problem or annoying. I just got used to it. Not every Venture seems to be affected.

Acceleration: The Venture will keep up and/or outrun any of the dressers. To enter a busy interstate ramp (I-40 east to Knoxville for example), just cruise up the ramp in third gear, twist the throttle and you'll be seeing triple digits before you know it!! :yikes:

Twisties: I live and ride in east Tennessee. We have Hanging Limb/the Dragon/the Snake and many many more twisties. The Venture in the parking lot at paddle walk speed is top heavy loaded with passenger. Lots of loaded dressers are also, but when you get up to "feet on the floorboards" speed, it handles quite nimbly.

You probably already know the Venture has a full audio/CB system. That is the only thing on my bike that has caused a problem. My dealer (Alcoa Good Times) took care of that.

i had a 1400 intruder. the intruder is not even in the same league with the venture. totally different bikes. the intruder is a fun cruiser with no frills and the venture is a cadillac. like comparing a dirt bike and a motor scooter. hang on to the intruder for around town and short solo rides.

I love my 06 rsv. Pleantey of power and handles well for a big bagger. Can't compoare to the intruder but can compare to my vulcan 900 and my road star 1700. It is a lot bigger and heaveir but much more comfortable, as far as fuel milage I don't get as good as some but im also learning to ride the gears longer and I get around 35.4 - 38.8

:banghead::banghead:

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

I've had Suzuki 750, 1000 and 1500 Intruder, and you're right they are bullet proof. I loved my 1500 Intruder until I bought a Venture, it was like going from a jeep to a suburban in comfort levels. I rode 900 miles straight one day didn't feel worn out at all, also 800 miles straight through to LA and could have kept going. This bike will feel like a load initially compared to your 1400 but you get use to it quickly. If its touring or two up riding you're going to fall in love with the Venture.

Digger

i had a 1400 intruder. the intruder is not even in the same league with the venture. totally different bikes. the intruder is a fun cruiser with no frills and the venture is a cadillac. like comparing a dirt bike and a motor scooter. hang on to the intruder for around town and short solo rides.

A motor scooter? Apparently you've never had to pick up a Venture. :rotf::rotf::rotf: But, yeah, you're right. They are very different bikes and the Venture is great for the longer distances. So Bob, if you need more than the Venture has to offer has to offer, you probably need a car.

Andy

I have been riding a Suzuki Intruder vs1400 for years

but thinking about the Venture

because it has 4 cylinders and 1300cc in a cruiser format (seems about ideal to me)

Can anybody compare the two bikes please ??

I have read the tech specs of Venture

about weight, seat height, etc

But advertisements don't mention other things like

long distance comfort

acceleration and top end

handling in twisties

gas mileage in various conditions

etc

I have found my vs1400 to be pretty much bullet proof

so parts failure and maintenance are important to me

thanks, Bob

You might also consider the Royal Star Tour Deluxe (RSTD), which is the Venture innards with a cruiser feel. You get many of the benefits, in a more familiar format.

You don't get the fairing and the things in it, but I rarely miss those having never had them. Meanwhile I have a bike with the same long distance comfort (superb), acceleration (like a rocket) and top end... kinda. The RSTD comes with a huge windscreen so triple digit speed is not relaxing with a cross wind. That same windscreen reduces the mpg to the mid-30s. But I am confident of riding in rain without getting drenched.

Handling in twisties is fun, with lots of energy and secure handling.

If you are looking for a comfortable long distance cruiser, the RSTD is pretty great.

Dave

I had a 1999 1400 Intruder for about 2 years. I bought it used. The wife and I would head up north here in Michigan for a weekend ride. After 100 miles I couldn't wait to stop at a stop light so I could stand up and ease the butt pain. I put on a new seat but couldn't get the miles in a day that I wanted to ride. The wife's knees hurt real bad right at the 100 mile mark. In 2004 we bought a new Venture. We can now travel 500 miles a day with ease. No more knee pain for the wife. I have ridden 650 miles by myself without any problems.

You will love the comfort compared to the Intruder. I hope the info. will help.:)