IGNORED

wire less computer???

dray

3.1 Mbps is pretty slow, if you hit the high graphic/music/video sites. My home wifi says it's connected at 36 Mbps right now, which rates it as a low/very low signal strength based on the MS Wireless Connection Status icon on the control bar.

I've read review somewhere that rate USB wifi as slower than PCMCIA card wifi, or built in wifi. It will work better than a modem, but it won't ever be great.

Ok i just went and looked at mine and its conected at 100.0 mbps right now so i guess i dont want that LOL ill have to keep looking

Im using cable right now and id like to get away from them there must be a better way so something close to it

thanks guys

dray

we cant have sat. where were at but i am just thinking id like to get away from the cable co. and there prices i would be happy to pay the same to someone else

the reason i was thinking about going that way was i have had Alltel for 2 years and not had one problem with them and they offered that to me it was just a thought but im going to keep looking there has to be something that is close to what i have for the same bucks.

thanks

Check around; I have wireless DSL at home; so does my brother in law. Basicly it's like a satellite dish, but it's pointed at a radio tower (line of sight) that your DSL provider broadcasts from. Won't work if you can't see the tower, but sometimes you can overcome that by hanging your dish from an antenna tower. BIL has his on a 60' tower, and runs a home based business with it. My ISP provides something like 58Mbps service, but trees can cut the signal to zip when the leaves are out. Had to relocate my antenna; the original installer put it at ground level. Now it's on top of the house, 25' up.