IGNORED

Update on Gary N.

Guest Link

I hope I'm not out of line here, but I thought that this story from The Windsor Star would be appreciated.

Mike

http://www.canada.com/windsorstar/news/story.html?id=fbfd3e0d-8a60-4430-845b-6d0314178e8c

Man whose wife died in crash still in ICU

Trevor Wilhelm, Windsor Star

Published: Monday, November 12, 2007

Nearly a month after the motorcycle crash that killed his wife during a retirement trip, Woodslee's Gary Nantais remains in serious condition in the surgical intensive care unit of an Ohio hospital.

The retirement dreams of Leslie Nantais, 54, and her husband Gary, 55, were cut short Oct. 17, when, according to police, a teenager failed to yield at a stop sign and slammed into their motorcycle.

The 16-year-old girl who hit them was treated and released from hospital following the accident.

Gary, a General Motors employee, and Leslie, a teacher at Essex District high school, had both retired and were living out their dreams riding the open road.

The couple, who celebrated their 35th wedding anniversary in September, had stopped in Ohio while on a road trip to Virginia.

They were heading east on U.S. Route 62 in Holmes County when a Sunfire ran a stop sign at the intersection of State Road 557 and hit them.

The Nantais' sons, Matt and Jeff, have created a website.

At memoryofleslie.blogspot.com people can post their thoughts and memories about Leslie.

"We felt like we should have a place where everyone can speak about our mom Leslie," the brothers wrote on the website. "She touched many people's lives."

The messages come from the Nantais' friends, Leslie's former students and people the couple met only briefly in their travels.

"My wife Sam and I met Gary and Leslie only once," wrote Vin Tirelli. "They are truly wonderful people and had a way about them that made everyone who spoke with them walk away with a smile.

"To say we are heartbroken about this tragedy would be an understatement."

© The Windsor Star 2007

Of ALL the people to quote.....I read that blog all the time and have seen better posts........I'm dumbfounded.

I disagree Vin.

What you said was wonderful, and shows how the Nantais' touched many lives, even those they barely knew.

:-)

Mike