IGNORED

Did you replace your ignition switch? Do you still have your old one?

LilBeaver

Well, my key was pretty hot today when I turned off my bike. Although my thermometer did say it was 97 out (in the shade), and I was riding for ~4-5 hours or so... In the sun.

So, while I don't think I am having premature switch issues, I just figured it was time that I come up with a quick and easy bypass.

I know that there is a write up for doing this and cutting the wires on the bike to wire up the bypass for when it fails (and I will probably do this if absolutely necessary), but what I would like to do is get a plug and play setup going, so all I have to do is unplug my faulty ignition switch and plug in my bypass (using the existing wiring).

I have also considered dismantling my current ignition switch for inspection and cleaning - as an attempt at a preventative measure.

Question:

Does anyone have an old ignition switch (failed or not, I don't care) that you wouldn't mind sending me? Either the whole switch or snip the wires as close to the switch as possible (so I have a decent length going to the plug-in connectors left over). I'll pay shipping (obviously).

Thanks in advance!! : )

- Rick