IGNORED

Coal Burners?

ablumny

Coal burns much hotter, produces a lot more heat. It burns slower then wood too so a lot less daily tending. Coal grates in a manual feed coal stove are different and they have a mechanism to " shake" the coal bed to clear the ashesinto a pan below. A stove not originally meant for coal probably won't work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Well i thought id take a shot here...... Resurect an old thread i started and reach out to the group......

My 4th year with this stove hasnt started off well. Im looking for anyone with Harman Stove experiance (or connections) specifically this DVC500....

Either the draft motor or the combustion motor or both is shot..... Or the electronics that control them are....or the sensors that tell the electronics whats going on are shot. Both motors turn freely but under normal settings they arent running as expected. I can force the unit into TEST mode and all motors spin up to full speed so im leaning towards electronics or sensors.

Dealer reminds me im 2 mths out of warranty, $110/hour plus parts and Harman refers me back to the dealer......meanwhile its 37degrees, bikes in the garage and im burning oil which is not good!

Any input appreciated of course.

Update: after a month and a half I've finally got my stove working again. I basically wound up gutting all motors and electronics after replacing one piece at a time. Without proper dealer service in my area I was on my own. The manufacturer is little help either. Fortunately I found a sympathetic dealer in PA who helped a lot. Anyway, if anyone in need of outdoor or heating equipment, Hoffmans in Halifax PA gets my endorsement. Anyone thinking of buying a wood, pellet or coal stove, steer clear of Harman unless you connect with a great dealer or maybe are thinking of a manual burn unit. Otherwise service and support of complex electroics is a problem.

Back to my bike now :)