IGNORED

Midnight venture trunk spoiler light

Smely

About 1/3 of the lights are out in the trunk rear spoiler on my 04 midnight. Anyone know were I can order the diode strip without having to replace the whole thing?

I had the same problem. If your is like mine, a stip of red LED's behind a clear diffuser, take it apart down to the board and reflow the solder on all of the LEDs that were out. I did and they all work now.

I had the same problem. If your is like mine, a stip of red LED's behind a clear diffuser, take it apart down to the board and reflow the solder on all of the LEDs that were out. I did and they all work now.

Thanks Ablumny, that is exactly what I have. I took it apart once but did not see any broken solder but I will try and re-solder them this weekend.

Thanks Ablumny, that is exactly what I have. I took it apart once but did not see any broken solder but I will try and re-solder them this weekend.

yep, near impossible to see any breaks without a magnifier. Im lucky to have an electronics engineer for a friend and he;s got the right soldering iron to quickly reflow each pad without lifting the LED off the board. I didn't beleive him when he suggested the fix (pesky know it all type :) ) but it worked.

If not, awsmrsv posted a good link for a replacement above.

Good luck.

Well, this sucks tried soldering them and no help. I put a 12 volt power source on it and all of the diodes that were out had power on either side of them so the only conclusion is they are blown. Gonna go look at the site that awsmsrv gave me. The manuf. on the diode strip that I have is LUNAR ACCENTS.COM. They are made right here in Kennesaw, GA. They don't sell to the public but I might call them anyway.