IGNORED

Back up and riding

lonestarmedic

So, I have been up and riding for the past week. I tore the muscles in the back of my right calf back in January. Had to stay off the bike until the first of March. Went for a short ride with SapperMedic a couple weeks ago. Found out that although healed up, the muscle got real stiff by the end of the day - kinda cramped up and needed large quantities of Grunt Candy (Motrin). So, I scaled back and stretched and waited. Got out today and managed about 100 miles without discomfort. Dang wind tried to lift me off the saddle today but it felt good.

J.B.

Glad to see you back in the saddle again........

Glad it was not worse, I popped my muscle in my right calf back in 2001. That was no laughing matter that put me to the floor in a heart beat - felt like fire going through my calf. ....

JB take care those things are really hard to get over.Took me over 2mo to get around good plus I had the knot in my calf for over 6mo. before it finally straighten out....

Take care JB and hope to see you again real soon.....

So, I have been up and riding for the past week. I tore the muscles in the back of my right calf back in January. Had to stay off the bike until the first of March. Went for a short ride with SapperMedic a couple weeks ago. Found out that although healed up, the muscle got real stiff by the end of the day - kinda cramped up and needed large quantities of Grunt Candy (Motrin). So, I scaled back and stretched and waited. Got out today and managed about 100 miles without discomfort. Dang wind tried to lift me off the saddle today but it felt good.

J.B.

You'll be stiff and sore after being laid up... keep stretching. Good to see you climbed back into the saddle. Life is too short to stay laid up.