IGNORED

brain picker

Guest tessa c2

Guest tessa c2

last couple of weeks been having a bit of a snag with my 86, comming home from work i had lost a couple of cylenders as if it was wet, thinking that it could be coils or cti box, well i had got put new plugs in, thinking that a couple of them would be wet or carboned,and i hadn't put new pugs in her for years so i'd done it, the old ones looked good and on the left side the plugs looked good, but you could see a light coating of mixture on them from not fireing recently, put the newones in and fired it up ran good, shut it down for a few minutes to put covers on, then fired it up again and had the same miss on a cylender, #1,

now i can fire it up and sounds rough, but fires on all 4 put a few miles on it and then it idels rough, just about sounds like it is just a tad late, can this happen, cause the original trip home from work where i had lost 2 of them, one would kick in periodicaly and fire for a bit then die out, then cut back in, this is why i am thinking coils or cti box, doing this there is a possability that i could have blown some carbon loose on my exhoust ststem, which would cause it to sound different, but i just haven't convinced myself that that is what i am hearing, because on the end of the tail pipe, it just sounds like it is firing on a partial open exhaust, fuel mileage isn't much different than normal, and the power is simular also,:bang head: