IGNORED

I Got Da Vent Flop Blues...........

The PO of my bike squirted a small amount of aerosol foam (just a dab) at the bottom of each vent to block them open. However, I plan on driving this bike as far into Winter as I can stand and am gonna need to shut these things down. I'll be cleaning the old junk out and finding a new way to prop the vents open myself.

if you remove the side panel, and LOOK at the vent louvers, there is a stainless steel "clip" that keeps tension on the louver shaft.

i took mine off, inserted a small piece of aluminum foil, under the clip.

this foil compensated for normal wear, on the shaft.reassembled the whole think, and the world was happy again.

just jt

i think I got mine at flatout. In fact i got the two upper vents, two lower vents and one side. need to do the other side too. The side ones are pricey.

What do you mean by "pricy", rick?

mine came with the bike, AND the trailer to pull behind!lol

just jt:dancefool::dancefool:

You got a trailer with yours? I think the stealer I got mine from took the trailer hitch off and I think i was lucky to get the the front airdam from them. He handed it to me off of the bike. I also paid like $3200 to $3600 for mine, can't quite remember.

I think the side one are in excess of about $70.

Oh yea, they told me the slight pull to the left was normal for the bike, lol.

if you remove the side panel, and LOOK at the vent louvers, there is a stainless steel "clip" that keeps tension on the louver shaft.

i took mine off, inserted a small piece of aluminum foil, under the clip.

this foil compensated for normal wear, on the shaft.reassembled the whole think, and the world was happy again.

just jt

BINGO! That's the answer I was looking for. Thanks!!