IGNORED

Loose Exhaust clamps

I have been hearing a rattle and maybe a slight exhaust leak out of the ole girl. And for those of you who knows my ole girl, SHE DOESN'T RATTLE. For some reason my rear exhaust clamps will loosen up every now and then. Am I missing something or is there a bigger problem coming down the road? After tightening them up, everything goes away......

:confused24:

Skid,

Excuse my ignorance on a 1st gen, but I'm trying to picture what you said to offer some suggestions.

You said: For some reason my rear exhaust clamps will loosen up every now and then

Im not sure if you mean the exhaust clamps that hold the mufflers on like a 2nd gen has?

Do the rear clamps have "split lock washers" under the head of the bolts?

I'm not sure if a 1st gen even uses lock washers on the exhaust clamps..:confused24:

I dont know if a 1st gen has a bolt going thru a clamp with a nut on the other end:confused24:..

(Like a 2nd gen has)

You could possibly use one these:

(1) You could use what they call an "Internal Tooth Washer" under the head of the bolt.

(2) You could use and "external tooth washer" under the head of the bolt

(3) If it has a bolt with a nut on the other end, you could use a locking Kep-Nut

A photo would help of what you have or are talking about , then I could do a search on what locking hardware we use on the rockets here and Im sure I can come up with something I know would never come loose (unless you wanted it too).

Skid,

Excuse my ignorance on a 1st gen, but I'm trying to picture what you said to offer some suggestions.

You said: For some reason my rear exhaust clamps will loosen up every now and then

Im not sure if you mean the exhaust clamps that hold the mufflers on like a 2nd gen has?

Do the rear clamps have "split lock washers" under the head of the bolts?

I'm not sure if a 1st gen even uses lock washers on the exhaust clamps..:confused24:

I dont know if a 1st gen has a bolt going thru a clamp with a nut on the other end:confused24:..

(Like a 2nd gen has)

You could possibly use one these:

(1) You could use what they call an "Internal Tooth Washer" under the head of the bolt.

(2) You could use and "external tooth washer" under the head of the bolt

(3) If it has a bolt with a nut on the other end, you could use a locking Kep-Nut

A photo would help of what you have or are talking about , then I could do a search on what locking hardware we use on the rockets here and Im sure I can come up with something I know would never come loose (unless you wanted it too).

Or you could just use some Deodorant

:whistling:

"Brown Sugar" starting to show her age.

UGLY only has 22k:stirthepot:

Yea but UGLY has a loose nut between the seat and handle bars....:rasberry:

I couldn't have said that better............:sign20:

He seemed to forget his old scoot is older than mine.

I have been hearing a rattle and maybe a slight exhaust leak out of the ole girl. And for those of you who knows my ole girl, SHE DOESN'T RATTLE. For some reason my rear exhaust clamps will loosen up every now and then. Am I missing something or is there a bigger problem coming down the road? After tightening them up, everything goes away......

:confused24:

Might have something to do with it being a prototype

{ 1st Gen }.

:ignore: