IGNORED

new noise, need help

berg

I have the common chirp, now I have a new sound at or above 70 it sounds like an old ford truck rear noise or a cement mixer . The dealer said it was the rear greased and realigned shafts. Noise a bit better but still there it actually sounds as if it from the front but hard to tell. On a curve when leaning it is louder . Can anyone provide any suggestions, is this common and is it safe ? 2006 rstd with 9000 miles . Thanks for any info you can provide.:doh:

Hello,

As my clutch basket sound progressed, it did very similar to what you describe. It began as an annoyance and turned into a screamer.:sign thanks but no

New "I" basket fixed it. Mostly.

Does it match engine speed in 4th and 5th, or does it stay the same after shifting from 4th to 5th?

If it matches engine speed, it's on the input side of the trans, probably clutch basket.

If it matches road speed after shifting 4th to 5th, it's on the output side like drive shaft / pumpkin etc.

Good Luck! :080402gudl_prv:

I have the common chirp, now I have a new sound at or above 70 it sounds like an old ford truck rear noise or a cement mixer . The dealer said it was the rear greased and realigned shafts. Noise a bit better but still there it actually sounds as if it from the front but hard to tell. On a curve when leaning it is louder . Can anyone provide any suggestions, is this common and is it safe ? 2006 rstd with 9000 miles . Thanks for any info you can provide.:doh:

Sounds like the stock Bridgestone tires to me also.

• 2 years later...

I have the same problem. When I shift my weight so the bike weaves from left to right and vice versa I get this howl. It is loudest when leaning to the left. Took it to dealer and he thought noise was coming from the rear end. He said he will tear it down and see what is causing this. I'm just wondering if it isn't tires. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

I have the same problem. When I shift my weight so the bike weaves from left to right and vice versa I get this howl. It is loudest when leaning to the left. Took it to dealer and he thought noise was coming from the rear end. He said he will tear it down and see what is causing this. I'm just wondering if it isn't tires. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

My tires do it also. I have new e3 Dunlaps and knew this might be a problem but I like the bike better with these tires verses the Avon tires