IGNORED

Helmet Pain!

Dusty

I purchased a Yamaha (J&M) headset recently. I installed the headset in my HJC AC2M..., well I tried.

When I put the speakers which barely fit into the speaker pockets they are so thick they dig into my ears and drive me crazy (crazier).

I think I need to go to a 3/4 helmet in order to accomodate the speakers, but I don't want to spend that kind of money unless I know the speakers and mike will fit properly.

Any suggestions on which helmet will work?

Guest tazman547

On my HJC, I used an old soldering iron and exact-o knife and carefully made a bit more room for my speakers. I am also using a chatter-box not the J&M.

Not familiar with the HJC AC2M helmet (is the AC2M full or half or?) but on my wife's HJC Flip front I had to cut the foam out of the helmet to insert the speakers and make them fit. Tried putting them in the little pocket space and she couldn't put the helmet on. All was fine then.

Not familiar with the HJC AC2M helmet (is the AC2M full or half or?) but on my wife's HJC Flip front I had to cut the foam out of the helmet to insert the speakers and make them fit. Tried putting them in the little pocket space and she couldn't put the helmet on. All was fine then.

Sorry, should have mentioned that. The AC2M is a half helmet.

I just got a Nolan N-42 (3/4 helmet with vision and sunvisor). It is "fitted" with a N-COM system that takes the J&M system. Haven't gotten the head set yet but the fit was really nice. XXL for me and finally one that fits good.