IGNORED

Keys for an 88 Royale?

uncledj

How do. I"m a newbie, but so far luvin' my 88 royale. I was given only one key with it, and since it's not the original, I don't have the key code. (Not written down in the manual either). Is there another way to find the key code? ....Can I get duplicates cut at the dealership? Knowing my history with keys, I don't wanna wait too long to get a couple of duplicates.

Great site, seems to be a real family of members here.

Update: I went to key-men.com and they were able to make duplicates from a scan of the key I have. It's a bit pricey at $13 per key, but I felt it was well worth it for the convenience of simply scanning my key and sending it to them. Thanks everyone for the input!

Edited by uncledj
Found a solution

As far as duplicates, take yours to any place that cuts keys such as Lowes, Home Depot, etc. and have them made. I don't believe that you can get the original blanks any more. The key code should be on the ignition switch but there is a bit of disassembly involved to be able to read them...

Guest Vermincelli

I got factory blanks at the dealership then took them over to the local locksmith to cut.

Lowes and other places I went to didn't have a blank that would work, but the locksmith had them in his inventory.

The key code can be found on the back side of the ignition switch.

Jack, let me know where I can find your bike parked at, now that I've got your keycode. I don't want to have to take a lot of time when I come out there ta' steal it from you!!!!

LOL

Dan