IGNORED

Bracing/Supports?

I'll try to explain where my problem exists. On the side of the rear fender, bolted to the fender, there is a chrome strip that the passenger "Oh Sh** handle" and the forward luggage rack support bolts to. I found two bolts missing, one for the passenger handle and the front luggage rack support. My question is; Are there nuts on the inside of that chrome strip, or are there threads built into the strip or some kind of plate fixed on the inside of the chrome strip that the bolts screw in to? Do I need to remove this strip? Does it require removal of the rear wheel? Thanks in advance for any answers.

• 10 years later...

I just learned the Loctite lesson the hard way as well!

Three new bolts.......THIRTEEN BUCKS!!

AND on back order., at that! What the hell.

I know that a dealership can't stock EVERYthing, but not being able to pull these buttonhead bolts from one of a thousand probable/possible/presumable parts bins is inexcusable.

Shame on you, Clare's Cycle. How can having the regional monopoly on Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, KTM AND Harley Davidson ("for over 60 years") not equip you better than this in terms of providing customer service!?!?!

I temporarily made due with hex-head bolts from the Depot.....for TWO BUCKS....and have a mind to GIVE a couple to the dealership's owner when I go in to pick up my "back-order". (My friends tell me I'm turning into a cranky old man....but, holy crap it's hard to find good help!)

If you have a good hardware store close by check there. I buy the button head stainless bolts here much cheaper than I can order them from a stealer.

I appreciate the comment, Ronnie.

At this point, it's a "done deal", since I paid in advance using my squeeza card.

I'm actually kinda lookin forward to going back in to pick up the bolts, just so I can tell the owner what a 'big fish in a little pond' he is, and how he's gonna join the ranks of hundreds of other recently closed-up bike dealerships. (Not likely, mind you, with the decades-old monopoly he has in this region).

And it's certainly not the $13 that irks me....it's the fact that a company of his (alleged) reputation for service couldn't even come up with three inch-long metric bolts on a Saturday afternoon....especially when he OWNS every franchise but Kawi, for miles around.

Sad.