IGNORED

Piggy Backer question

Condor

Jack

What are the dimensions of the rack for yours...mine is 14 1/4" wide and 21 1/2" long on the xl piggybacker. Thats inside measurements.

Thanks for checking Rick. Looks like my '06 standard is just a tad larger at 14.5"x22.25"on the inside I was just hoping that someone had found one that fit, and it would save me the trouble of carrying around the tape measure and checking everything I bump into that looks like it might be close... Now it looks like there are different sized cooler racks. Maybe I should give Piggybacker a call and see just what kind of cooler they used to do the moc-up.???... When in doubt...read the instructions....:rotf:

They sound like the same size...I just quickly measured with the cooler still on it and my eyes might not have seen exactly. My cooler is fairly small and fits with room for a bigger one...which I will check to see if one our other ones will fit.

They sound like the same size...I just quickly measured with the cooler still on it and my eyes might not have seen exactly. My cooler is fairly small and fits with room for a bigger one...which I will check to see if one our other ones will fit.

I just took a look at the their website and it gives the dimentions as 22x14, so I went ahead and wrote them asking about what ice chest they used for the design. We'll see if they get back to me. I'd just like to get one that comes reasonably close to taking up the whole space, or at least one that looks funky cool....like a Coke, Coors, or Bud cooler...:)

I have a Gott 48 Fits perfectly in the bracket. I bought it many years back but still works great.

Color is wrong but fits well.

Brad

Third Photo is Chaos but I am not sure what his is.

I have a Gott 48 Fits perfectly in the bracket. I bought it many years back but still works great.

Color is wrong but fits well.

Brad

I'll check out the Gott's. I received an email back from Tom at PiggyBacker and he mention an Igloo 36-40qt., but I have one of those, and it's 13x23 instead of 14x22. Close, but no cigar. He didn't have his notes at hand, but hopefully he'll get back to me later today with what they did use for a model. BTW, aren't Gott's orange, Coleman's blue, and Igloo's white...:confused24: Chaos may have a Coleman?? Anyway later today I'll head on over to Walmart with my tape measure...:detective:

Condor,

When I had Sarge's trailer here I checked the size also so KJV4 could get one for his. I have a blue Gott 48 that fits perfectly. The one in Sarges was a Rubbermaid and it had a little room around it.

Just a side note--BradT and all who run with a cooler. If you turn the cooler around so it opens up from the back you don't have to worry about the wind getting under the lid and trying to open it going down the road.

Guest Chaos

Mine is a Rubbermaid Model 985J which I beleive is a 48 qt. :confused24: ?

Condor,

When I had Sarge's trailer here I checked the size also so KJV4 could get one for his. I have a blue Gott 48 that fits perfectly. The one in Sarges was a Rubbermaid and it had a little room around it.

Just a side note--BradT and all who run with a cooler. If you turn the cooler around so it opens up from the back you don't have to worry about the wind getting under the lid and trying to open it going down the road.

Thanks for the info Angel. Looks like I gotta get a Gott... :) The position of the lid opening had already crossed my mind, but thanks for the warning. Can you imagine what it would be like to have the lid come loose at 70mph:shock3: Another reason to have the hinge forward is at high speeds air could be blown in under the lip and the chest could loose it's 'cool' quicker than normal.....maybe??...:confused24:

I just did a websearch for a Gott 48 and found the dimentions.

http://www.rubbermaid.com/rubbermaid/images/product/2a15_tm2.jpg 2A15

48 Qt Ice Chest Assembled Dimensions:

14.25" (H) x 23.75" (W) x 15.88" (D)

Additional Product Information

$34.95

I think the new one's going to be too wide for the basket.....??? I'll have to find one and measure the base as they all seem to taper a little toward the bottom.

Rubber Maid fits perfectly. I measured for mine and took a tape measure with me and found that a Rubber Maid will fit. It works great. Just face it backwards and put a small bunge cord across the top to keep it down if you hit a large bump or pot hole.

Steve:080402gudl_prv:

Rubber Maid fits perfectly. I measured for mine and took a tape measure with me and found that a Rubber Maid will fit. It works great. Just face it backwards and put a small bunge cord across the top to keep it down if you hit a large bump or pot hole.

Steve:080402gudl_prv:

Next Question? What size rubber maid did you find that fit so well 38qt, 42qt?

Dog

What model is it Steve? I'm running into a wall on everything else. Seems like everybody has switched to a 13"x 23" to 23.5" wide on their new designs..... Maybe it's time for Piggybacker to change their jig setup.:detective: