IGNORED

Donations

Freebird

First let me say, this is NOT meant to be hitting anybody up for donations. While donations of any amount are always appreciated, they are not required in any way. The purpose of this post is to clear up any confusion about HOW you may donate if you so choose.

There are a couple of ways you can donate to VentureRider.org. The money is used to help defray my costs of running this site. Software licensing fees, hosting fees, etc.

The simplest and most basic way to donate is to click on the "Donate" button on the far right of the upper menu bar at the home page or here on the forum. When you click that button, you will get a page where you can enter whatever amount you choose to donate and then click the "PayPal Donate" button and it will take you to a PayPal login page where you can complete your transaction. You do not need a PayPal account to use this method. You will see a place to login to your PayPal account if you have one but if not, you will see a link to the left of that that says "Don't have a PayPal account" and if you click on that, you can still donate using any major credit card or an e-check.

The second way you can donate is through "Subscriptions". You will find this method in the User CP or via the "donate" button in the right menu. In the User CP, just scroll down until you see the link for "Paid Subscriptions" in the left menu. Click on that and you will see several options from which to choose. There are recurring monthly options as low as $2.00 per month. The monthly subscriptions are automatically deducted from your credit card or account each month. There are also options for yearly subscriptions. These are NOT automatically recurring and you will simply get an email the following year reminding you that it has been a year. Again, this option uses PayPal as the payment processor.

The third option is the old fashioned way. Simply send me a PM or an email if you wish to donate via a check or money order and I'll send you my address.

Again, you are NOT required to donate in order to participate in this club. Those who donate and those who don't have the same full access to everything that we offer. I fully understand that money is tight for many people and I would NEVER want anybody to donate if they are not financially able to do so. For those who can, it is always MUCH appreciated but for those who can't, I consider your participation here a donation in itself and thank you for it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Don,

I finally got myself a PayPal account (had to or I could not trade on eBay) and tonight was finally able to kick the can. Hope it helps.

Perhaps there are others out there who like me have previously been unable to donate to the cause and now might like to think about contributing?

Thanks again Don, for a great site.

This will cover the cost of mailing the Barons risers and the Guardian Bell, and give you some left over for the site.

Cheers,

Spear

Guest Ken8143

Money for all of us is tight, so it just isn't fair to expect Don to carry the increased costs of the site. Don isn't begging - he is just letting us know how we can support the site.

So, Don - thanks for reminding us how we can support you in a small way, which in no way pays back what we have all received from this fantastic site.

Just think about it - how much would you have to pay to get the technical advice you get here? What price tag can you put on the support we each give and receive?

• 4 weeks later...
First let me say, this is NOT meant to be hitting anybody up for donations. While donations of any amount are always appreciated, they are not required in any way. The purpose of this post is to clear up any confusion about HOW you may donate if you so choose.

There are a couple of ways you can donate to VentureRider.org. The money is used to help defray my costs of running this site. Software licensing fees, hosting fees, etc.

The simplest and most basic way to donate is to click on the "Donate" button on the far right of the upper menu bar at the home page or here on the forum. When you click that button, you will get a page where you can enter whatever amount you choose to donate and then click the "PayPal Donate" button and it will take you to a PayPal login page where you can complete your transaction. You do not need a PayPal account to use this method. You will see a place to login to your PayPal account if you have one but if not, you will see a link to the left of that that says "Don't have a PayPal account" and if you click on that, you can still donate using any major credit card or an e-check.

The second way you can donate is through "Subscriptions". You will find this method in the User CP or via the "donate" button in the right menu. In the User CP, just scroll down until you see the link for "Paid Subscriptions" in the left menu. Click on that and you will see several options from which to choose. There are recurring monthly options as low as $2.00 per month. The monthly subscriptions are automatically deducted from your credit card or account each month. There are also options for yearly subscriptions. These are NOT automatically recurring and you will simply get an email the following year reminding you that it has been a year. Again, this option uses PayPal as the payment processor.

The third option is the old fashioned way. Simply send me a PM or an email if you wish to donate via a check or money order and I'll send you my address.

Again, you are NOT required to donate in order to participate in this club. Those who donate and those who don't have the same full access to everything that we offer. I fully understand that money is tight for many people and I would NEVER want anybody to donate if they are not financially able to do so. For those who can, it is always MUCH appreciated but for those who can't, I consider your participation here a donation in itself and thank you for it.

:080402gudl_prv:

Larry,

They are a great company and I appreciate what they do for us but just so there is no confusion. They do not send me money. Our account there builds up as members buy and designate VentureRider as their club. When the account get's to about $100.00 or so, I hold a contest of some type here and award the member a $100.00 gift certificate from them. I have done that two times..maybe three...now. I do not personally make anything from them but I love their program.

Don

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Sounded like a good way to empty the card but if anyone tries this or uses debt cards for on line payments paypal slips a $1 fee on the card first so you can't just donate the balance. No where in the process did I see that additions would be added. Well learn something knew every day.

No problem. Thanks for looking into it. I wouldn't have known either.

I t wasn't much but i figure 5 for every time its been dropped since i vought it.

David

Hey...every little bit helps and is sincerely appreciated. You did great, thank you very much.