IGNORED

a moment of inattention...

Twenty7Delta

leads to grief...

I got distracted by a pedestrian who I thought was going to fall into the roadway when I looked back the car in front of me had stopped! There was a car to my left and I had no where to go.

I have practiced emergency stops on this bike a lot since I got it but the rear locked up twice and at the end of the second lock up (this is in 2 seconds...) it caught and threw me. It's my first high side!

I can remember thinking "this is stupid" as I got launched onto the road and rolled onto my back.

There are some serious scratches on the fairing and I bent the right crash bar so my cowling doesn't look right but overall it's not bad considering the bike almost went right over. I can still hear the sound of the bike hitting the pavement. They are not very pretty upside down...

My left ankle is sore and I have a scratch on my right wrist. Not even a scratch on my helmet. Glad I had leather on though...

It could have been worse...

Hi Andrew,

Both Jean and I are glad to hear that you were not to badly beat up during your accident. I can't believe that Yamaha has not addressed the rear brake lock-up problem with the second gens.:doh: I know all to well that sick feeling in the pit of your gut every time you look at your scoot, Rest and heal and as time and funds permit, replace or repair the damaged parts and soon all will be well again.

Prayers sent for a speedy recovery,

Earl and Jean

leads to grief...

I got distracted by a pedestrian who I thought was going to fall into the roadway when I looked back the car in front of me had stopped! There was a car to my left and I had no where to go.

I have practiced emergency stops on this bike a lot since I got it but the rear locked up twice and at the end of the second lock up (this is in 2 seconds...) it caught and threw me. It's my first high side!

I can remember thinking "this is stupid" as I got launched onto the road and rolled onto my back.

There are some serious scratches on the fairing and I bent the right crash bar so my cowling doesn't look right but overall it's not bad considering the bike almost went right over. I can still hear the sound of the bike hitting the pavement. They are not very pretty upside down...

My left ankle is sore and I have a scratch on my right wrist. Not even a scratch on my helmet. Glad I had leather on though...

It could have been worse...

Ought to be a law against them gals wearing them short skirts in public:missingtooth::rotfl:---Buzzard

Good to hear you're good to go for the most part. I have a matching "design" on the OTHER side of MY fairing (from a drop a couple years ago). It also left a small crack @ the outermost screw on the inside of the fairing. Don't know if I'll try to fix it or replace it someday. Replacement ain't cheap. Take care.

Andrew, Glad you're not to seriously hurt, I think its more the pride hurt than the phsyical injuries. I know when I dropped mine up in the Vermont mountains in front of a whole load of people, I felt more :o, than the pain in the back of my leg from a pulled muscle and the headache from banging my head on the guard rail.

I had almost the identical scratches, only on the other side and a bent clutch lever, got things fixed up when I got home, $120 to get the fairing redone which was quite reasonable.

Hope you get back on the wheels soon.

Ian

Hope you get back on the wheels soon.

Ian

Thanks! Yup, I rode to work today, it's all good. Although my following distance was probably 10 seconds instead of my usual 2!

There is a local body shop that does good work and I will probably get him to fix in the winter time. A good excuse to put the y-adapter in the AUX jack too!