Having an imported RSV 1300 in the UK is there any way to alter the frequency count on the radio controller to even and odd frequencies?

My local radio station along with many others uses an even number. ie 107.2 and 102.2.

Any ideas?

Old Miner. (Having a 'senior moment').

Sorry for putting it in the wrong place, first time I have used the forum. DOH!!!!

Guest CruZZerBOI

Nice to see another Brit here. We're a rare species :beer:

I believe if you hold the tuning buttons for more than 2 seconds the radio auto-tunes to the strongest signal. It works for me anyhow. did you get yours with the owners manual it has a fair bit of info in there on the subject?

I got my RSMV from 'Phils Motorcycle Mall' in Bournemouth where he imports plenty of UK spec American imports. You can always ring them, they know their stuff.

:uk2:

Thanks for the reply's.

I have the manual I got it with the bike from CMC at Chesterfield. Pressing for the next strongest signal only gets an odd frequency.

American spec has an FM frequency radio which has a frequency spacing of 2 (khz) or something. It goes up in 2 from an odd number start which means you cannot get an even number frequency.

Accordingly the Euro spec has an FM radio which has a frequency spacing of 1 (khz).

You cannot get an even number frequency on the American spec but you can on the euro spec.

I am planning on fitting a digital radio if I can make it waterproof so this problem may not be the mountain it is at the present.

Some radios including Pioneer have a key sequence which converts from American spacing to Euro spacing and back.

Does this explanation make it any clearer?

Hope so.

Thanks for your patience.

Neil. (Old Miner).