IGNORED

Mount for my GPS

Bob Myers

I removed the nut that holds the upper handlebar in place and machined a nifty little stub fom a piece of 303 stainless to go back in its place. 10x1mm are the threads on that nut and curiously enough that is not a common metric fastener but I did have a tap. After screwing it on in place of the nut I wished I had made it longer but I can always make another to go on the other side.

• 3 years later...
I removed the nut that holds the upper handlebar in place and machined a nifty little stub fom a piece of 303 stainless to go back in its place. 10x1mm are the threads on that nut and curiously enough that is not a common metric fastener but I did have a tap. After screwing it on in place of the nut I wished I had made it longer but I can always make another to go on the other side.

They look great Bob. Are they the same diameter as the handlebars? How much would it take to purchase a set (longer version)?

To funny. Bob man I just was in a post last night or this AM where a fellow mwmber here made almost the same deal mounting off the stud for the handlebars I guess. http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=69334 He did the same thing for the same reason, although he left his 3/4 (or whatever diameter) so he could use like a RAM mount and other clamp type devices. Great mind think alike I guess. Me I figured you could add another drink holder. Thats what I'm working on for the wife. One thats out of the way of the bags when your trying to open/close and aint by her ankles.

• 5 months later...