IGNORED

Quietest motorcycle?

spyderhead

I think I know the answer to this, but if a man wanted to buy the absolutely quietest touring motorcycle, what would he buy? I have a 2005 RSTD, but it is not exactly quiet. I changed it some with BUB exhausts, but that was to try to drown out the engine whine, valve clatter, etc. It was never what I would call a quiet running motorcycle (although it's been a great one!) What's the answer? Absolute quietest - exhaust, engine noise, etc. - motorcycle right off the showroom floor?

I am going to say the one that is turned off; but that would make me a real smart ^(*&, so I will take another stab at it and agree the Gold Wing. When we were at the Honda Homecoming, you really could hardly hear them running.

Mama:7_6_3[1]:

I thought it was probably the Goldwing, but wasn't certain that there might something else. Just don't know if I am quite ready for windshield wipers, heated seats, grips, and pegs . . . air conditioning and the camera that lets you see what's behind you while you back up. I was hoping there might be something more motorcycle and less car like that was as quiet. Again, thanks!

I thought it was probably the Goldwing, but wasn't certain that there might something else. Just don't know if I am quite ready for windshield wipers, heated seats, grips, and pegs . . . air conditioning and the camera that lets you see what's behind you while you back up. I was hoping there might be something more motorcycle and less car like that was as quiet. Again, thanks!

The old BMW K75 inline three was very quiet for a standard motorcycle.

http://www.bmwmc.dk/images/Walls_3/BMW%20k75%20text.jpg

Has anyone head one of these? I would think they are pretty quiet.

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2005models/2005-MotoGuzzi-Breva1100a-small.jpg