IGNORED

Ready for Sturgis (moly 60 and a new front hoop)

Guest tx2sturgis

Guest tx2sturgis

Today I had a local shop completely go thru the rear diff and I've now got moly 60 'embedded' in the drive splines and pins, and Royal Purple Gear Lube on the 'wet' side of the wheel. Also, I had them re-shoe the front hoop, its now a nice new Dunlop E3.

So far, its handling good, and the driveline seems quieter and smoother.

I'm ready for my trip to Sturgis now! We're pulling out of the Amarillo area on Sunday, and should be arriving in Sturgis on Monday afternoon. Staying at Glencoe Campground.

I'll be riding two-up, pulling my trailer...so if any members see us, honk or wave!

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=3554&d=1199230864

http://www.sturgisrally.net/

Edited by tx2sturgis

The other 51 weeks of the year exist so that this week can happen!

Yesterday I sent my tent via UPS so my wife and I could ride 2-up. Leaving Colorado Sat morning. Staying at Rush-No-More campground 5 miles SE of Sturgis, exit 37. Probably staying until Wednesday, then we might ride over to Yellowstone before heading back home. We both have Aug 2 - 10 off work. This will be my 5th Sturgis trip. My first time was 1988. It was a month before my 18th birthday, rode my Yamaha Special II 400 and I got my ear pierced without an ID. (I was a real bad ass, huh?) :cool10:

The two years at the Buffalo Chip riding my Honda Shadow with 4 buddies were the highlights, 2003 and 2005. Last year was the first year the wife went, she rode her Honda Silverwing and I rode my Warrior, but she sold that when I sold the Warrior so that we could buy the Venture. I tent camp every time, but of course that is easier to do when a guy only lives a day's ride away.

If you see a Midnight RSV, look for the silver guitar on my black helmet. That's me.:guitarist 2: I also have an all black tank (no emblem) and the corbin rear backrest with extended arm rests thanks to Gibvel.

Ride fast and party hard!

Rockin Russ

:Venture: