IGNORED

Help on Seat removal

So...I got an 89 and just bought a set of beadrider seats and am anxious to install them. Except how do I remove the seat so that I can cinch up the stretchy cords on the seats?

Sweaty in Iowa

Iowa Guy:confused24:

You'll have to remove the side bags, I believe your's unbolt. Then in the side plates on the bike you will see 2 12mm bolts towards the back of the seat that hold it down. Remove these bolts, slide the seat back an inch or 2 and it will come right off.

Dan

All you need to do is remove the lids from your saddlebags and there are two bolt holes about 3/4 way back on seat. They are 12mm bolts. Use your extension for your driver and they come right out. Let me know if you need anymore info. I have an 89 and a 92. I have taken my seat off frequently.

Dan/Chuck

Thanks a bunch. A buddy and I have a running debate as to whether monkey butt or beads work best on a long ride. I will let him ride my bike with the beads once installed but I'm just not ready to shake powder down my shorts yet.

Iowa Guy

:scorched::scorched:

Dan/Chuck

Thanks a bunch. A buddy and I have a running debate as to whether monkey butt or beads work best on a long ride. I will let him ride my bike with the beads once installed but I'm just not ready to shake powder down my shorts yet.

Iowa Guy

:scorched::scorched:

I use an air cushion that works great...On long trips I may have leg, shoulder, neck etc aches but my (_!_) remains unscathed.....

• 5 years later...
Guest bodasefus

I tried the beads on my prior scoot and left them on the table at a motorcycle camp ground... I picked up a airhawk air bag.. Then I tried a gel/foam pad that had Visco Elastic Memory Foam... what a difference... a guy on the burgman forum re-did the seat... I could ride all day without any butt fatigue... If I modify the seat on the VR,,, I will add a Visco Elastic Memory Foam pad under the seat...