IGNORED

Anyone else had this problem?

First off, after 1800 miles on my new RSTD the rear end started clicking today. Taking it Tuesday morning to the dealer to have rear splines greased and some part filed down. Apparently this a common problem so not real upset.

Anyway, my front brakes squel like a pig when coming to a stop. Is there anything that can be done to fix this?:doh:

I just purchased a 2008 Venture, and the front brake made a terrible noise also. I asked the dealer, and the technician about the noise, and they said it was normal break-in. As it got worse, I decided to give the front brakes a closer look. I noticed that the right side brake had both pad on the same side, and none of the other. Thus, steel on steel!

Maybe your bike had the same person put it together!

Ron - Watrous, Sask.

First off, after 1800 miles on my new RSTD the rear end started clicking today. Taking it Tuesday morning to the dealer to have rear splines greased and some part filed down. Apparently this a common problem so not real upset.

Anyway, my front brakes squel like a pig when coming to a stop. Is there anything that can be done to fix this?:doh:

My bike did the same thing at about the same mileage (1,700) on a ride about 3 weeks ago. I was in Virgina, about 500 miles from home. It sounds a whole lot worse than it is. I found a Yamaha dealer there that was real good about the problem and her fixed in about an hour for me.

Don't no anything about filing anything off though, that sounds fishy. Don't have break sgueal. I am sure some of these fine folks on this web site can assist you with that. Please let us know what the filing is supposed to do.

And by the way, I really like the ride of these bikes, they have there problems like anything else, but surley once you get them fixed the problems go a way. Safe riding......:cool17: :cool10:

James

What a conicidence! I had just finished a trip to the Dragon and back home to Virginia when the clicking started. VERY loud and kind of disconcerting. I happened to be in the town I bought the bike, so I stopped by the dealership and talked to the service guy. He came out and (thankfully) heard the clicking as well! He took it to the back and 4 and a 1/2 hours later after taking the back wheel off 2 x and consulting with the reps from Yamaha and doing what they suggested-lubricating everything...the clicking is gone.

This is the 3rd bike I have purchased from this dealer. I have moved 3 hours away. They could have very easily told me to go on my merry way, but the service manager said "you bought it from us, I want to make sure it is right!" I HIGHLY recommend Wayne Cycle Shop in Waynesboro, Virginia to anyone who might be rolling through the Shenandoah Valley and experience problems.

Guest divey
I just purchased a 2008 Venture, and the front brake made a terrible noise also. I asked the dealer, and the technician about the noise, and they said it was normal break-in. As it got worse, I decided to give the front brakes a closer look. I noticed that the right side brake had both pad on the same side, and none of the other. Thus, steel on steel!

Maybe your bike had the same person put it together!

Ron - Watrous, Sask.

Picked up my new 07 RSV from the dealer last July, rode home 200 kms., and fortunately only used the front brake a couple times. As I pulled into my garage and put the front brake on, it was obviously metal on metal. Called the dealer, he sent a trailer down to pick it up and sure enough, both pads had been mounted on the same side with nothing on the other. Same as yours but different side. Very lucky I didn't have to make a hard brake application with the front brake. Maybe it was the same mechanic only he was working on the other side of the bike!!!

Doug