IGNORED

HELP - Plastic Repair Tips Needed!

I am leaving for Star Days on Monday, just noticed that the lower left side cowling/fairing as a horizontal crack starting from the outside and working its way inward towards the radiator. Need to hold it together for the week ride. This is the 2nd one I have gone through - first one (original) lasted 8 years, I just replaced it 1.5 months ago and now this one has cracked. Anyone have any advice? TIA

Scroll down and you will see many posts about plastic repair items. It shouldnt be a problem to fix by Monday.

:doh::doh: Now that is a COOL feature! LOL I need glasses, did not know that even existed. Thank you Sarges46! :doh::doh:

Anyone have any ideas on what causes these cracks? I know sticks and stones flying through the air can be a factor, but I JUST put the new ones on. Brand spankin OEM new ones - I have been on some VERY tame day rides, there is no evidence of anything that hit it - no chips, scratches, etc. It just appeared.

:Avatars_Gee_George::confused24:

Get some plastex place clear packing tape over the crack on the good side then v it out on the back side with a dremel tool fill with plastex reinforce with some plastex and fiberglas cloth if you wish when hard 1/2 hr later peel away cellephane tape and voila perminent repair

If you know of a store in your area that sell sheet plastics you can stop and get a small piece of 1/8 thick sheet ABS. Heating the ABS to 250 and you can form it to be a perfect fit . Then use some common ABS glue and stick it on. Or cut some small strips and glue them on.