IGNORED

Ride Like a Pro IV DVD for FREE!!!!!!!

KiteSquid

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for you Kitesquid! I find those types of DVD's very informative but after you’ve seen them a few times they just sit on your shelf.

I beg to differ. I watch my RLAP V video at least once a month. To keep my mind focused on SAFETY while riding. I know that I can ALWAYS learn something from a training video even if I have seen it 100 times!!!!!!!!!!

The reason I gave away my RLAP IV video is I now have RLAP V. which now brings up the next question:

So what is on V that isn't on IV?

NOTHING major. Jerry does point out “the dip” and I like the teaching style a little better. If you have RLAP IV you don’t need RLAP V, but the learning experience for me was better when viewing RLAP V.

In a few scenes in RLAP IV, there is some stuff going on in the background that detract from the teaching and the whole good cop/bad cop thing gets OLD quick…. It was not required for the training. I think it was added for comedic relief, but IMHO it detracts from the overall production.

I decided to do some house cleaning myself and have I have handed my copy of Ride like a Pro IV off to Rocket when he was here last night and he agrees to send it on when he is done with it.

WOOOO HOOOOO!!!! So now we have TWO copies of this DVD to view!!! THANKS to friesman1.

I will list who has the DVDs here:

RedRider

Rocket

And who is in line to receive them here. First come, First Served. I do note that there are now some requests from Canada and sense I do not know how much it costs to ship it over the border, if the current holder does not want to incur the cost of shipping over the border, they do not have to… BUT if you want to, that is OK by me as it is no longer my DVD...

Maritimer (Canada)

calperin

robbitybob

KingSizer

2RDLX

jvbailey3

Yammer Dan

Foxman

Cjacobs

jkt69

Bob Myers

Juggler

Kenw

Feets

Sunman (Canada)

Jburrell

Spankym

r12guy

PLEASE PM me with any corrections.

Who has viewed them here:

KiteSquid

Firesman1

Kitesquid - you're a good man to start this up.

:) I got the idea from another web site I play at: paperbackswap.com

As a reminder of how this works from my first post:

I have a copy of Ride Like a Pro (RLAP) IV and V DVD's, so I don't need the RLAP IV and will put it up here for anybody who wants it. FREE, but they have to agree NOT to copy it, and to pass it along for FREE to the next person after a short viewing session.... maybe two weeks???? The sender pays the postage, NOT the recipient, so no money changes hands, this will keep it all legal!!

Please request the DVD in this thread, and the first requester please PM me your snail mail address and I'll mail it to you for FREE!!!!!

Then the process will repeat.....

How cool is that???

After you have viewed it, please post something you learned from the DVD.

One of my goals is to keep other riders SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!! And Jerry “Motorman” Palladino’s videos have helped me, so I hope they help you too!!!!

If you really like the video, please pass it on, AND buy the current video from Jerry. I did!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remember he offers a discount if you say you are a member here!!!!! TOO COOL!!!

Disclaimer: I am not connected to RLAP inc.

HOWEVER I am a believer in the techniques shown in RLAP videos!!!!!!!

I think for the time being, we will keep the Friesman1 copy in Canada. I will try to see "Abby" here in Wainwright, about viewing & practicing it, before it leaves the area. I just need to catch him on shift, at the base fire hall.

So you other Canucks, get on the list, before it heads stateside.......

WOOOO HOOOOO!!!! So now we have TWO copies of this DVD to view!!! THANKS to friesman1.

I will list who has the DVDs here:

RedRider

Rocket

And who is in line to receive them here. First come, First Served. I do note that there are now some requests from Canada and sense I do not know how much it costs to ship it over the border, if the current holder does not want to incur the cost of shipping over the border, they do not have to… BUT if you want to, that is OK by me as it is no longer my DVD...

Maritimer (Canada)

calperin

robbitybob

KingSizer

2RDLX

jvbailey3

Yammer Dan

Foxman

Cjacobs

jkt69

Bob Myers

Juggler

Kenw

Feets

Sunman (Canada)

Jburrell

Spankym

r12guy

PLEASE PM me with any corrections.

Who has viewed them here:

KiteSquid

Firesman1

Rocket,

Sorry, but I did not look up your profile....

All,

Then lets do two lists for now.

One for Canada and one for the US. Once the Canadian list runs out, the last person can send it south of the border, if they want........

Canada

Maritimer

Sunman

United States

calperin

robbitybob

KingSizer

2RDLX

jvbailey3

Yammer Dan

Foxman

Cjacobs

jkt69

Bob Myers

Juggler

Kenw

Feets

Jburrell

Spankym

r12guy

Pilot

Remember to please post something you learned from the video.

I am pleasantly surprised at the number of people that are requesting this DVD.

Rocket,

Sorry, but I did not look up your profile....

All,

Then lets do two lists for now.

One for Canada and one for the US. Once the Canadian list runs out, the last person can send it south of the border, if they want........

Canada

Maritimer

Sunman

United States

calperin

robbitybob

KingSizer

2RDLX

jvbailey3

Yammer Dan

Foxman

Cjacobs

jkt69

Bob Myers

Juggler

Kenw

Feets

Jburrell

Spankym

r12guy

Pilot

Have you already sent it out?

The list is growing!!!

Canada

Maritimer

Sunman

United States

calperin

robbitybob

KingSizer

2RDLX

jvbailey3

Yammer Dan

Foxman

Cjacobs

jkt69

Bob Myers

Juggler

Kenw

Feets

Jburrell

Spankym

r12guy

Pilot

BOO

skydoc_17

I have rlap DVD V and have just started viewing it. I will be glad to share it to all in the same manner. If a regular wants to take change of who gets on the list it is fine with me. I can start sending it out in a week. I will send it to first person and expect it to be forwarded from there. Your cost to get it them would be just your cost for sending it to the next person.

PM me if interested or kitesquid can just add it to their list

Perhaps a new thread would be needed. Ill just provide the DVD and the first mailing.

James

I have rlap DVD V and have just started viewing it. I will be glad to share it to all in the same manner. If a regular wants to take change of who gets on the list it is fine with me. I can start sending it out in a week. I will send it to first person and expect it to be forwarded from there. Your cost to get it them would be just your cost for sending it to the next person.

PM me if interested or kitesquid can just add it to their list

Perhaps a new thread would be needed. Ill just provide the DVD and the first mailing.

James

James I would appreciate viewing it. Please add me to the list and thanks for offering.

Pilot

Hey gentlemen (and any ladies who bought into this thread.)

When the DVD has finished doing the rounds of the North American continent in around 8 years time, there are few Aussies who I feel sure would love to have a look at it.

It wouldn't take long for it to circulate amongst the few interested Aussie members, then kick it back upstairs.

Just wondering if it's compatible with our DVD system down-under? Most of them are these days.

The list is still growing!!!

People who originally gave away their copy of RLAP IV or V

KiteSquid

Friesman1 :sun:

jburrell :sun:

Peple who currenty have a copy AND who they need to send it to:

RedRider send to calperin

jburrell send to robbitybob

Canada copy: Rocket send to Sunman

Canada

Sunman

Sleepy2

Might I suggest that this copy go to Australia once it has made the circuit in Canada.........IF they have a NTSC compatible player.

Maritimer asked me in a PM to be removed from the list as he borrowed a copy of RLAP V from his brother but has to return it when done viewing.

Australia Maybe not as the DVD's are NTSC and Australia uses PAL format. spear should be checking to see if his DVD player will play NTSC DVDs

spear

United States

calperin

robbitybob

KingSizer

2RDLX

jvbailey3

Yammer Dan

Foxman

Cjacobs

jkt69

Bob Myers

Juggler

Kenw

Feets

Jburrell (Would like to see RLAP IV as he has viewed RLAP V)

Spankym

r12guy

Pilot

BOO

skydoc_17

Pilot

Once again for those joining this thread late, here is the idea:

I have a copy of Ride Like a Pro (RLAP)IV and V DVD's, so I don't need the RLAP IV and will put it up here for anybody who wants it. FREE, but they have to agree NOT to copy it, and to pass it along for FREE to the next person after a short viewing sesson.... maybe two weekes???? The sender pays the postage, NOT the recipient, so no money changes hands, this will keep it all leagal!!

Please request the DVD in this thread, and the first requster please PM me your snail mail address and I'll mail it to you for FREE!!!!!

Then the process will repeat.....

How cool is that???

Edited by KiteSquid

Hey gentlemen (and any ladies who bought into this thread.)

When the DVD has finished doing the rounds of the North American continent in around 8 years time, there are few Aussies who I feel sure would love to have a look at it.

It wouldn't take long for it to circulate amongst the few interested Aussie members, then kick it back upstairs.

Just wondering if it's compatible with our DVD system down-under? Most of them are these days.

We use NTSC format in North America and most of the rest of the world uses PAL format for DVD and vhs recordings. If youre using NTSC (check on the back of any dvd cover that works in your player) you would be ok,but, if youre PAL (and I think you may be) it wont work in most of your players, there is a small percentage that do play both formats but the numbers of those players used are very small.

Brian

Request for mailing address sent by PM.

FYI, As stated in the PM, mailing will be dependent on me being able to hit the post office, before leaving for PIP. Or it will be mailed while enroute to PIP.

Canada

Sunman

Sleepy2

Might I suggest that this copy go to Australia once it has made the circuit in Canada.........IF they have a NTSC compatible player.

The Cdn copy was mailed today, to Sunman. :canada:

The list is still growing!!!

People who originally, freely gave away their copy of RLAP IV or V

KiteSquid ;)

Friesman1 :sun:

jburrell :sun:

Canada copy: Sunman send to Sleepy2

Canada

Sleepy2

Australia Maybe not as the DVD's are NTSC and Australia uses PAL format. spear should be checking to see if his DVD player will play NTSC DVDs

spear

United States

calperin

robbitybob

KingSizer

2RDLX

jvbailey3

Yammer Dan

Foxman

Cjacobs

jkt69

Bob Myers

Juggler

Kenw

Feets

Jburrell (Would like to see RLAP IV as he has viewed RLAP V)

Spankym

r12guy

Pilot

BOO

skydoc_17

Pilot

Scooter