IGNORED

Ride Like a Pro IV DVD for FREE!!!!!!!

KiteSquid

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since there doesn't seem to be very many international requesters, perhaps we should all be put on the same list.

If you look carefully, you can see that was done. Yesterday, I went back and found your post that requested that you be put on the list and inserted your name in the appropriate position on the list.

If you would like to be added or removed from this list - let me know via posting to this thread and I will do my best to stay on top of it.

Thank you KiteSquid for taking care of this up to this point, what a terrific idea!! I hope this can keep going and continue to help people out.

KiteSquid's original text, with rules (slightly adjusted in a few places for clarity and redundancy):

There is three copies of Ride Like a Pro (RLAP) IV or V DVD's that are free for anybody who wants it. FREE, but they have to agree NOT to copy it, and to pass it along for FREE to the next person after a short viewing session.... maybe two weeks???? The sender pays the postage, NOT the recipient, so no money changes hands, this I think will keep it all legal!!

To request to be put on this list, please post to this thread and you will be put on in order posted on my next visit to the thread.

Please DO NOT PM me as you will only be put on the list if you post to this thread...

My apologies if you got missed, just let me know and I will put you in the appropriate place.

PLEASE Remember to please post something you learned from the video.

And again, I am not connected with RLAP, I just want my fellow bikers to have a long and healthy life on two wheels and anyway that we all can learn to ride safely is a good thing!!!!!!

By the way, if you are tired of waiting, or would like to purchase your own copy please click HERE to order and be sure to ask for your Venture Rider Forum member discount. IIRC it saves you $5. BTW this DVD is worth every penny!!!!!!!

The List:

People who originally, freely gave away their copy of RLAP IV or V (Thanks a lot you guys!!)

KiteSquid, Friesman1, jburrell

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Currently HAS a copy:

painterman67

Bubber

JMorrison

Canada

camos – Saanichton, BC

Australia

United States

krome rose ** Reported as no response

BurgyMon

timgray

VegasVic

MikeC

Kbay

Reed -- somewhere in ND

indianriverjack -- Belpre OH

1sttenor in Jeff City MO

Condor in Carmichael Ca

fixit3546 in Mechanicsburg (Bentonia) MS

RandyR in Dahlonega GA

GaThumper in Cleveland GA

Blackjack in Snellville GA

Black Owl in Apple Valley MN

eusa1 in Dixon IL

Larry M – Pullman WA

MidlifeVenture – Twinsburg, OH

67mini67 – Cheney, WA

Jemorrisonjr – New Berlin, WI

Joer – Hudson Oaks, TX

Hunter_1500 – Ferrisburgh, VT

Little Bob – Steven’s Point, WI

camos – Saanichton, BC

Motorcycle Mike – Lawrenceville, GA

midnite – Mc Kenzie, TN

nbowersock - North Ft. Worth, TX

Travelin Man (formerly: Crazy_Frog) - McRae, GA

SylWoody - Talladega, AL

Gdlover - Newton, IA

Removed from list for above listed reasons (or I think that they have seen it):

Seen it:

skydoc_17

uthpda

painterman67

Bubber

Naked Rider (changed forum name from 1_2_ride_RSV)

JMorrison

Roadhand

Expired:

camotor1

Smith

WaltH in Rockledge FL --- member not found

wtho

mastermechanic

jhw47

Shep in Phoenix AZ

spgarner in Las Vegas NV (last visit 18/june/09)

HIGHWAY PILOT in Miami FL

edsfidc in Chesapeake VA

highwayrydr in Orono ME

For the efficient passage of the video how please do the following:

1) Upon receipt of the video, post that you have received it.

2) Initiate communication with the next person on the list (which ought to be included with the video and I will do my best to keep the list updated on here too)

3) Communication with the next person on the list ought to be done via e-mail, PM or telephone call (based on whatever you are comfortable with and what is available in the person's profile).

4) Let us allow 1 week for the person next on the list to respond (which is why initiating the communication immediately would be advised).

5) If no response, move to the next person on the list.

6) When a response is confirmed, post the results so we know where they are at.

7) After viewing the video, post something you learned from it (as per KiteSquid's request), and post when sent to the next person.

8) Ride safe

:Venture:

Edited by LilBeaver
Added Crazy frog/Travelin Man, SylWoody, Gdlover

If you would like to be added or removed from this list - let me know via posting to this thread and I will do my best to stay on top of it.

Thank you KiteSquid for taking care of this up to this point, what a terrific idea!! I hope this can keep going and continue to help people out.

KiteSquid's original text, with rules (slightly adjusted in a few places for clarity and redundancy):

There is three copies of Ride Like a Pro (RLAP) IV or V DVD's that are free for anybody who wants it. FREE, but they have to agree NOT to copy it, and to pass it along for FREE to the next person after a short viewing session.... maybe two weeks???? The sender pays the postage, NOT the recipient, so no money changes hands, this I think will keep it all legal!!

To request to be put on this list, please post to this thread and you will be put on in order posted on my next visit to the thread.

Please DO NOT PM me as you will only be put on the list if you post to this thread...

My apologies if you got missed, just let me know and I will put you in the appropriate place.

PLEASE Remember to post something you learned from the video.

And again, I am not connected with RLAP, I just want my fellow bikers to have a long and healthy life on two wheels and anyway that we all can learn to ride safely is a good thing!!!!!!

By the way, if you are tired of waiting, or would like to purchase your own copy please click HERE to order and be sure to ask for your Venture Rider Forum member discount. IIRC it saves you $5. BTW this DVD is worth every penny!!!!!!!

The List:

People who originally, freely gave away their copy of RLAP IV or V (Thanks a lot you guys!!)

Currently HAS a copy:

Lilbeaver ** Going to VegasVic

Bubber

JMorrison ** Going to BurgyMon

Canada

camos – Saanichton, BC

Semi-Retired - St. Catherines, Ontario

Australia

United States

BurgyMon ** Confirmation/Will Receive

VegasVic ** Confirmation/Will receive

timgray

MikeC

Kbay

Reed -- somewhere in ND

1sttenor in Jeff City MO

Condor in Carmichael Ca

RandyR in Dahlonega GA

eusa1 in Dixon IL

Larry M – Pullman WA

67mini67 – Cheney, WA

Joer – Hudson Oaks, TX

camos – Saanichton, BC

midnite – Mc Kenzie, TN

SylWoody - Talladega, AL

Gdlover - Newton, IA

Dave3 - Fayetteville, GA

Slick97spirit (Ken) - Jackson, MO

Semi-Retired (Mike) - St. Catherines, Ontario

TopV (Joe) - Fall River, MA

Removed from list, for aforementioned reasons (or I think that they have seen it):

Seen it:

painterman67

skydoc_17

uthpda

Bubber

JMorrison

Roadhand

Expired:

camotor1

Smith

wtho

mastermechanic

jhw47

Shep in Phoenix AZ

edsfidc in Chesapeake VA

highwayrydr in Orono ME

2) Initiate communication with the next person on the list (which ought to be included with the video and I will do my best to keep the list updated on here too) **Maybe contact the next 2 or 3 at a time, with the understanding that the list order will be maintained, just in case the first one does not respond

3) Communication with the next person on the list ought to be done via e-mail, PM or telephone call (based on whatever you are comfortable with and what is available in the person's profile).

4) Let us allow 1 week for the person next on the list to respond (which is why initiating the communication immediately would be advised).

7) After viewing the video, post something you learned from it (as per KiteSquid's request), and post when sent to the next person.

MOST IMPORTANTLY:

8) Ride safe

**** Sample message to next person:

Howdy:

I have received a copy of "Ride Like a Pro" and you are the next on the list to receive it. (According to the list on: http://www.venturerider.org/forum/sh...=24973&page=20 )

If you could let me know either way (whether you are still interested in viewing it or not) that would be appreciated.

I will wait about a week before I contact the next person on the list. If someone else commits to it before you do (after the 1 week) then you will not lose your place on the list, but may not get it from me ~depending on whether I still have it or not. Just post in the thread (linked to above) that you would still like to view it and you can be next in line to get a copy.

If you do want it, let me know and send me the address that you would like it sent to. I will send it first class mail when I am done with it (probably a week or so).

Thanks a lot,

- YOUR NAME HERE

*******END sample message

Thanks ya'll.

Edited by LilBeaver
Added: slick97spirit; JMorrison to BurgyMon; Lilbeaver received & Arranged for next; added Semi-retired; Added TopV

It seems that I was missed on the list. [ame=http://venturerider.org/forum/member.php?u=6090]http://venturerider.org/forum/images/avatars/usarmy-flag1-s.gif[/iM"]VentureRider.Org[/ame] [ame=http://venturerider.org/forum/member.php?u=6090]VentureRider.Org[/ame] is just after me on the list. Can the DVD be rerouted when possible? Thanks, Wayde:bawling:

If you look carefully, you can see that was done. Yesterday, I went back and found your post that requested that you be put on the list and inserted your name in the appropriate position on the list.

Having "everyone" on the same list makes sense from a "numbers" standpoint. But, I wonder what kind of hassles might come up sending this thing back and forth across "international borders"?

It's just about the size of a nice pack of C4 or anthrax.

Does anyone HAVE any experience shipping RLAP from USA to Canada or vice versa?

***THIS JUST IN***

Just spoke to Rick (while my post was still fresh enough to edit) and he assures me that a copy will find its way back to the land of ice and snow...and probably stay here for circulation. (After all, we poor frozen ba**ards don't have much else to do but WATCH MOVIES about riding for the next several months!!)

Thanks for looking after us, Rick!

Mike

Edited by Semi-retired
Figured what the heck and picked up the phone!

Having "everyone" on the same list makes sense from a "numbers" standpoint. But, I wonder what kind of hassles might come up sending this thing back and forth across "international borders"?

Right. This is exactly why the list was divided to begin with. To minimize the number of border-crossings that need to occur.

• 3 weeks later...

PLEASE Remember to post something you learned from the video.

The List:

Currently HAS a copy:

VegasVic

Bubber

JMorrison ** Going to BurgyMon

Canada

camos – Saanichton, BC

Semi-Retired - St. Catherines, Ontario

Mover - Stratford, Ontario

Australia

United States

BurgyMon ** Confirmation/Will Receive

timgray

MikeC

Kbay

Reed -- somewhere in ND

1sttenor in Jeff City MO

Condor in Carmichael Ca

RandyR in Dahlonega GA

eusa1 in Dixon IL

Larry M – Pullman WA

67mini67 – Cheney, WA

Joer – Hudson Oaks, TX

camos – Saanichton, BC

midnite – Mc Kenzie, TN

SylWoody - Talladega, AL

Gdlover - Newton, IA

Dave3 - Fayetteville, GA

Slick97spirit (Ken) - Jackson, MO

Semi-Retired (Mike) - St. Catherines, Ontario

TopV (Joe) - Fall River, MA

DAKn2 - Mundelein, IL

Mover - Stratford, Ontario

ronhenry4 (Ron) - Cincinnati, OH

Scooter45 (Jim) - Redwood Falls, MN

Removed from list, for aforementioned reasons (or I think that they have seen it):

Seen it:

painterman67

skydoc_17

uthpda

Bubber

JMorrison

Roadhand

Expired:

camotor1

Smith

wtho

mastermechanic

jhw47

Shep in Phoenix AZ

edsfidc in Chesapeake VA

highwayrydr in Orono ME

2) Initiate communication with the next person on the list (which ought to be included with the video and I will do my best to keep the list updated on here too) **Maybe contact the next 2 or 3 at a time, with the understanding that the list order will be maintained, just in case the first one does not respond

MOST IMPORTANTLY:

8) Ride safe

**** Sample message to next person:

Howdy:

I have received a copy of "Ride Like a Pro" and you are the next on the list to receive it. (According to the list on: http://www.venturerider.org/forum/sh...=24973&page=20 )

If you could let me know either way (whether you are still interested in viewing it or not) that would be appreciated.

I will wait about a week before I contact the next person on the list. If someone else commits to it before you do (after the 1 week) then you will not lose your place on the list, but may not get it from me ~depending on whether I still have it or not. Just post in the thread (linked to above) that you would still like to view it and you can be next in line to get a copy.

If you do want it, let me know and send me the address that you would like it sent to. I will send it first class mail when I am done with it (probably a week or so).

Thanks a lot,

- YOUR NAME HERE

*******END sample message

Thanks ya'll.

Hey All,

I received it just after Christmas. DVD is very informative! I'm a little vertically challenged 5"8" and while riding 2 up would struggle coming to a stop, bike wobbling. Now I use the power on, dragging the rear brake and have no problem coming to a nice smooth stop.

I have contacted timgray, and will be sending it on when I get a reply.

Thanks

Bob

Hey All,

I'm a little vertically challenged 5"8" and while riding 2 up would struggle coming to a stop, bike wobbling. Now I use the power on, dragging the rear brake and have no problem coming to a nice smooth stop.

Thanks

Bob

DAMN! So THAT'S the secret!!

I'm 6 feet and I HAVE TROUBLE! I just KNEW there had to be a way to stop without embarrassing myself at every intersection. Can't wait to get one of these tapes circulating in Canada.

Thanks for the teaser, Bob.

Happy New Year.