IGNORED

Need someone to take a pic on a 1st Gen for me...

Alright, so despite all my other issues with the bike, the newest one is that it won't start. I hit the starter button and I get a click. nothing more. I suspect the starter Solinoid, and I figured to test it I'd run a battery cable off the battery and hit it straight to the starter. Enter my new problem: Where the heck is the starter???? Can I get someone to take a couple pictures and show me where I need to run this cable to? I've poured over pictures in the manual and I can't make heads or tails of the black'n'white's.

Also, I don't suppose this is like my old truck was where you can take a hammer, tap the solinoid a couple times and make it work, is it?

Thanks in advance!

I suspect the starter Solinoid, and I figured to test it I'd run a battery cable off the battery and hit it straight to the starter. Enter my new problem: Where the heck is the starter????

Thanks in advance!

You could jump to the output side of the solinoid (witch is mounted to the left side of the battery box (be carefull not to ground out to the frame). The starter itself is attached to the upper case half, at forward portion of Cylinder #2 (left front) below the exhaust pipe.

Greetings...

The starter itself is up behind the radiator on the front of the bike. Unless someone has it torn down to that point - it's kind of hard to get a camera in there! I'll look around and see if I can find any Tech-article pictures...

Edited by Kandaje