Has anyone put straight pipes or slip on with no baffles? I have purchaced a flame trower kit for my bike but they don't recomend exhaust with baffles so I want to take out my baffles and replace them with a straight steel tube and keep the look of the BUB's. I need to know what size will not hurt my power? I don't want to slow it down just light it up! I think it will be great for tailgaters:shock3:

http://www.hotlicksexhaust.com/

No, but I have started and revved the engine without the mufflers installed and it really sounded nice. My wife was inside the house heard me playing and came out to say that she wasn’t riding anymore if I made "our" bike sound like a Harley. :no-no-no: She just rolled her eyes and went back in the house when I said it sounded better than a Harley. I really don’t care for loud pipes, but I just had to hear what the bike sounded like without mufflers, and of course, I wanted to get a raise out of my wife. Mission accomplished! :cool10:

I think you'll need these guys:fireman: if you install that flame thrower kit.

I sent him a PM thanks. I took my baffles out once and cranked it up WOW it was too loud! i'm hopeing to keep it at a decent rumble I thought I could put the plugs in the tips but they say it won't work unless it's 8" from tip?:confused24:

I have straights on my RSTD, went with 2" mostly so they would blend with stock headers. They did mess up the carburetion a little on the bottem end, but I wanted to open up the air boxes some any how. Had to work with the fuel delivery some, raised the needles and changed the jets. I didn't make any notes though, didn't occur to me at the time:bang head:, so I couldn't tell you the jet sizes without pulling the carbs.:sign13: Had to play with it a few times using an exhaust analyzer, but finally got it dialed in with an almost optimum fuel mix across the board. Lot of work , but definitly worth it, she runs like a scalded dog. I have added short baffles for noise control, but they didn't change the fueling at all (nor the sound level for that matter). By the way, they sound great, but are quite loud, not for the faint of heart. Sorry its such a long post.

I went ahead and tried them in the tips of my BUB's last night and so far I have a 6" blue flame on decelleration. Gona play more tonight and see if I can get a little more. When i get it just right I will post a video.

:fingers crossed::bikersmilie: