IGNORED

road king exhaust mount brackets

Guest BluesLover
looking to put roadking pipes on and need to know if our stock brackets can be used to mount roadking slip ons or do i need different brackets and if so where can i find them Thanks Brian D. ps have 07 rsv
Just did that to my 06 a couple of weeks ago.

Squid does the brackets, and you'll also have to get some new muffler clamps. I wound up using the standard clamps for the Road King, but others have used a different (broader) clamp as well.

Cheers,

I'm also thinking of getting some new or nearly new Road King pipes for my 2006 RSV. How come none of the eBay listings seem to include any clamps? I suppose they assume you'd be re-using the clamps you have when you replace your Harley exhaust with another Harley exhaust? How much do they cost? Geez, the clamps and brackets will probably cost more than the pipes.

• 5 years later...

I know this is an ancient thread so sorry for bringing it back up. I ride a 2003 Road Star but my best friend rides a Royal Star and I have bought RK mufflers for him for his birthday. I was hoping to purchase the brackets from you Squidley if you are still making them that is. That way I can give him everything he needs for his pipe mod all at once. Thanks in advance!

I know this old thread has been brought up recently. I have received several PM's about the RK muffler brackets. I used to make the brackets, but have not made them in probably 5 years. I do not plan to make any in the future either, I just want to let new members that are looking for them know that I'm not the guy anymore.

looking to put roadking pipes on and need to know if our stock brackets can be used to mount roadking slip ons or do i need different brackets and if so where can i find them Thanks Brian D. ps have 07 rsv

I found these somewhere on this site, I ended up just making my own, they look more like the straight ones.

I found these somewhere on this site, I ended up just making my own, they look more like the straight ones.

The one's Rader58 show are the deal. You may be able to buy the blank steel at Lowes or get a local fab shop make them for you for $20-$30.

Then just sand them down some and spray black.

Some people use chrome P-clamps and hang them from the luggage carrier frame. Seems it was one P-clamp per can.

You will have to chase that discussion down on this site.

He will enjoy the RK's.

Yes, one "P" clamp per side. You need a short I think its 1/4"x20 bolt, maybe 1/2" long. Not sure on the length. I used a stainless steel allen head bolt as it was easier to get to the allen then a regular hex head. I used a slightly larger diametr washer also and some lock tite once all sizes of bolt was figured out. Works quite well and is ez. Hides away nice when all put back together. AS far as exhaust clamps. I looked and hunted for 3 weeks or something when I was mounting mine. I just couldnt find them or they seemed expensive and ore than I could afford at the time. SO I used SS hose clamps and polished them up with chrome polish. I did it more as a test deal to ride for awhile befoe I dropped the rest of the cash on the parts. Glad I did. I like the sound of the RK, but on long trips and especially with the wife the growel gets to me. So I take them off and put OEM back on, in a few months I may change them back for awhile, I dont know.

Yes, one "P" clamp per side. You need a short I think its 1/4"x20 bolt, maybe 1/2" long. Not sure on the length. I used a stainless steel allen head bolt as it was easier to get to the allen then a regular hex head. I used a slightly larger diametr washer also and some lock tite once all sizes of bolt was figured out. Works quite well and is ez. Hides away nice when all put back together. AS far as exhaust clamps. I looked and hunted for 3 weeks or something when I was mounting mine. I just couldnt find them or they seemed expensive and ore than I could afford at the time. SO I used SS hose clamps and polished them up with chrome polish. I did it more as a test deal to ride for awhile befoe I dropped the rest of the cash on the parts. Glad I did. I like the sound of the RK, but on long trips and especially with the wife the growel gets to me. So I take them off and put OEM back on, in a few months I may change them back for awhile, I dont know.

great timing just got the RK pipes on the mail yesterday:cool10: thanks for the pics!!! .................. bike is in the shop again carburetors leak:confused24: .......... since I don't have the bike yet what was the aprox diameter of the p clamp (1/2"?) so I can star looking for a pair :stirthepot: and have you drilled holes in it?and hopefully I get my bike running properly this time,if not I'm gonna have quietest RK pipes you've seen

Oh, forgot the muffler clamps.

This is what I got off Ebay a few years ago. Still look okay.

They ARE made for RK to Venture. There is a slight edge inside to clamp them up tight.

http://i8.ebayimg.com/06/i/001/17/73/088a_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Royal-Star-Tour-Deluxe-Harley-Dav-Muffler-VTwin-Clamps-/250731286326?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a60bfcf36&vxp=mtr

Mike G.