Brad, what's the size of that nut?? I have four of them here, but not sure they're thesame size??? These are 29mm face to face on the outside and 20.9mm on the inside. I used to have wire loom for an '88..probably still do but can't find it...

Just two things?

That's not what Lonna said....:duck:

Wish I could help yah there buddy, but don't have one of either kicking around...

..... HIJACK....

You folks still gonna try and get over come September? A lot of old friends from the Potato Creek Rally are talking about coming over. And NO the tail feathers are not part of the deal.

Well, I guess they could be if we could get over 100 folks to show up :rotfl:(Hows that for a safe number?

We now return you to your normal programming...

:15_8_211[1]:

Got both parts I will get Mini to mail them out monday.

Jeff

Thanks Buddy, I kinda figured it would be you or Yammer Dan that were gonna come up with them.

Thank you to everyone else for posting up, I really appreciate it and hopefully I'll have the bike back together by this weekend. I am having serious withdrawls since I had to give Muffin his bike :whistling:

I found a nut on the road that looked just like that after my recent "unexpected get off". I wasn't sure if it was off my bike or not, so I brought it home. Guess I'll take a look at my handlebars in the morning! Can't believe that it could have come off, but you never know! (And I rode to bike night tonight!)

• 4 years later...

Welcome to the site and group, Jay.

Noticed this is your first ever post and you may not be too familiar with how everything works here. Don't worry, you will get the hang of things pretty quick. Very nice of you coming forward with wanting to help, though.:thumbsup2:

:2MAGNETA:

:beer:

They are a good idea, but should have 12 gauge wire instead of 16. Then I would run 12 gauge wire the entire length of the headlight circuit and install a 100/60w bulb.

Squidley,

You can get the headlight plug at Autozone, Advance Auto, or Pep Boys. Heck, you can probably get it at any auto part store. The plug is the same as any 2 filament headlight. Inspect it before you buy it though...some have mighty light gauge wire.

Frank

This thread reminds me of sitting in a doctors office and reading a magazine article and getting that feeling that you read it before..... years ago.

What? Clinton ain't da prez anymore? When did that happen? :rotf::rotf:

Second time around maybe this post can get interesting. :rotf:

Brad

Let me see, that was on a Thursday and the temperature had a high of 81 degrees and a low of 48 degrees. I was still married and it was two years before my divorce. I had pretty good vision then as it was before my cataract surgery and later going blind in my right eye. I was still working with no thoughts of retiring.

It was about a week before my bike was knocked over by a truck backing into it and it ultimately being totaled and me getting a check for $3,162.24 from State Farm and I kept the bike. At the time I had about 115,000 miles on the bike and now I have over 157,000.

Now, how would I know all this? I can check the weather locally for any day since 1948 by going to this website: http://weatherspark.com/#!dashboard;a=USA/37604/TN/Johnson_City . This is a great weather site and you can put your zip code in and save it and you can check your weather. Also, ever since I have had my bike for almost 17 years, I have kept a fairly good journal on about everything I do or significant events.

Now, we know what Squidly was doing on June 19, 2008, do you remember what you were doing?:detective:

RandyA

Edited by Venturous Randy