IGNORED

Not Lighting Up Not Preaching

BIG TOM

28 DAY AGO,TATERS AND I DECIDED TO QUIT SMOKING...NO LITTLE MATTER..IVE BEEN SMOKING SINCE I WAS 13 AND TATERS SINCE SHE WAS 19..THATS 40 YEARS FOR ME AND A LITTLE LESS FOR TATERS..WE KEPT HEARING ABOUT CHANTIX AND THAT IT REALLY WORKED...I WAS RELUCTANT, BUT SINCE YOU CAN CONTINUE TO SMOKE WHILE YOU DECIDE TO QUIT I FIGURED ..WHAT THE ..ELL, SOUNDS LIKE THEY WANT YOU TO SMOKE...THEY DO..BY THE THIRD DAY CICARETTES STARTED TO TASTE FUNNY TO ME..BY THE FIFTH DAY THEY TASTED WORSE...BY THE SEVENTH DAY ,THEY TASTED LIKE SMOKING DOG DO DO..THAT DAY WE THREW OUT OUR REMAINING CIGARETTES.LIGHTERS AND ASH TRAYS...NEVER BELIEVED IN A MILLION YEARS THAT I COULD QUIT SO EFFORTLESSLY..NOW IM NOT SAYING THAT EVERYONE SHOULD QUIT..BUT, IF YOU HAVE EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT IT,SEE YOUR DOCTOR AND ASK HIM ABOUT THIS SMOKING AID..WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE..YOU CAN CONTINUE TO SMOKE WHILE YOU TAKE THE MEDICATION...AND WHO KNOWS YOU MAY EVEN TURN INTO AN EXSMOKER.............THIS IS NOT A PAID ADVERTISEMENT.....:missingtooth:

Congratulations Big Tom and Tater!! :cool10:

b2mom and I quit about 6 yrs ago. Except for gaining some weight, have never regretted it. Didn't have this type help...but whatever works is good! Keep up the good work!

b2dad

Congrats ... I tried that last year... made it for 2 months and then xmas came around and all the family members who smoke... next thing I knew, I was puffin again. It's will power that will keep a guy off the smokes... other things might help ya to get there.

Gonna give 'er another go soon... soon as I muster up the will power again. And I'll be using the champix for assistance but I'm not fond of it coz of the side effects (lots of vivid dreams and lack of sleep).

Not a smoker, never was, but I've heard how hard quitting is. Not preaching, just supporting. I've actually been told by former heroin addicts that quitting heroin was easier than quitting smoking.

Good Luck and keep up the good work

Thats great. I hope Chantix works for everyone who wants to quit.

I Quit smoking 22 years ago (3 pks a day, cold turkey). It was real tough on me. But I got to tell you that I haven't missed them.

Cotinued success, :banana:Ponch

I was a smoker for 20 years, I quit February 2007. I had tried Zyban, patches and the gum, nothing worked. Then I heard about a book, called "Easy way to Quit Smoking" by Allan Carr. That worked perfectly. Yes, I read a book, and quit. Sounds crazy, I know it does, because I could not believe it either. After I quit, I have bought that book for 9 people I care about, 8 have quit, 1 did not read the book. I do not miss smoking at all. So congratulations on your new life.

Guest BluesLover

Good on you and on Taters too!

I smoked from the age of 12 and did it for 16 years. I stopped when my first was born (25 years ago). All I can tell you, is that the temptation stays with you ... even now, 25 years later, I still - every once in a while - get the urge to light up!

Cheers,

I've smoked for over 30 years and i used all kinds of stuff to quit but had no luck till i used chantex last year now i have been smoke free for a year now and i love it gained a few pounds because now i can taste the food but i can work on that.:pushups:

Tom, Congrats on stopping smoking!

I smoked for 10 years starting in college. Quit when i thought I had lung cancer, but refused to go to a DR with a pack of cigs in my pocket. Quit cold turkey, waited a couple months (yea, not a good idea in retrospect if I DID have the big C) and got a check up. X-ray and other stuff showed me healthy, DR. said go live a life and don't start smoking again.

I grew up when smoking was just starting to be recognized as a bad health hazard, but it is dirty, smelly and has NO redeaming social value whatsoever.

Take the money you are saving and buy more chrome, and remember that 30 days out you still will still have cravings but after about a year, at least for me, that all went away.

Glad the Chantix worked for you, sounds like a good solution for most people.