IGNORED

Dark Side Forum

MAINEAC

As a member of the new Dark Side VR Group I would like to see a Forum or Topic that we could exchange ideas and experiences. I think it should be open to all who are interested as some VRs go forward with their Mods. I think it should go in the Tech Talk Category.. I think the sharing of experiences will make this a safer proposition for all that are willing to try this Mod.

Thanks,

Edited by MAINEAC

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I was thinking but I was not sure. Why would you want to do that? What are the pros and cons?

Skim through this thread and you'll answer your questions and probably come up with more: http://venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?p=213550#post213550

Disregard the personal sniping when reading the referenced thread...some people occasionally get a bit carried away.:no-no-no:

I would be for the new section, but it won't do any good because unless one of us "darksiders" could moderate it, it will be filled with posts from folks saying it's dangerous and stupid, insurance won't cover you, tire manufacturers won't support you and all the same crap that is spewed in this thread and no one will delete the posts to find the actual "tech" content.

Is it leagal in your area to install a car tire on a bike? In this part of Canada it is not. Our local PDs' and the RCMP are stopping and checking most all bikes to check for proper drivers permits and bike alterations and the tires are noted in the memo I saw.....

Recently myself and 536 other riders did a little ride to raise money for Prostate Cancer...... I have tried to attach a link to some of the pictures..... hope it works.

Victoria is realy a small city of a little around 400,000 so to have this many bikes in one place was HUGE. The organizers expected around 250 to join the ride..... Local PD blocked all traffic through our main streets to let us parade..... then we went on a 215km (133 mile) poker run.

http://www.motorcycleridefordad.org/vis/content.php?doc=534

ride on.....

Well so far the only negative post to this thread is yours flb... So just chill and maybe they won't show up here. Posts like that is just fueling the fire... We've all seen those posts you're talking about but we don't need to rehash it here.

Is it leagal in your area to install a car tire on a bike? In this part of Canada it is not. Our local PDs' and the RCMP are stopping and checking most all bikes to check for proper drivers permits and bike alterations and the tires are noted in the memo I saw..... .....

Sounds like your Dudley Dorights have too much free time on their hands. 5-0 down here might spot a bald tire but for the most part have bigger fish to fry Like real crime... except for some Communist States... I don't want to mention any names but it rhymes with New Pork...

I don't have a car tire on my RSV, but would like to see the dark side forum where I could read about the pros and cons of using the car tire without the flaming from self appointed experts of all things telling anyone who doesn't agree with their arm chair documentation how stupid they are. I prefer to see posts from those who speak from experience of actually riding. Or, cons which can be posted in a respectful manner. Opinions are like some other things, we all have one.

I don't have a car tire on my RSV, but would like to see the dark side forum where I could read about the pros and cons of using the car tire without the flaming from self appointed experts of all things telling anyone who doesn't agree with their arm chair documentation how stupid they are. I prefer to see posts from those who speak from experience of actually riding. Or, cons which can be posted in a respectful manner. Opinions are like some other things, we all have one.

We really need to ride together again now that the weather is cooperating and you'll be able to see how well the car tire does work with your own 2 eyes and then give an unbiased opinion on it after seeing the performance.

Yes, we do. I am not thinking the 50 mph winds this weekend make riding much fun and I am tied up next weekend. Maybe we could get together on the 21st or 22nd. That might be a good time to gather up and use the carbtune on anyones bike that is interested and then get in a ride.

You TX guys know about the Southern Maintainance day at Gigawhiskey's North of Dallas? I'm workin down there for a few weeks and will try to make it.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21984

Yeah, I was hoping to make it but it doesn't look like it is going to happen. However, I appreciate the reminder. I wasn't thinking about GW's maintenance day when I mentioned a day for doing some carbtuning. I will move it to another day, thanks for the reminder.

Since we don't have a "Dark Side" section yet I will post here.

Is there anyone who ever tried a CT who decided to never go back for what ever reason?

I lived in Connecticut back in the '70s, and I've decided I'm never going back. Taxes, old girlfriend, and a few other good reasons.

(I couldn't help :rotf:)