IGNORED

Ride Report

Woody

This is just a place to share a recent ride without starting a new thread, here I'll start it off. 😎

Trina and I went to eat with my son yesterday it was his birthday and on the way we seen so many bikes that when we got back home we jumped on the trike and went for about an hour ride I enjoyed the ride so much I can't even tell you what roads we went on but it was all back roads. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, etcswjoe said:

I agree all of these people in warmer climates just rubbing it in. 

Oh, before I forget, rode up to the lake yesterday and found a great hole in the wall dinner. 

🤣 What did you have to eat, might as well tell it all

On 3/12/2023 at 3:18 PM, etcswjoe said:

I agree all of these people in warmer climates just rubbing it in. 

Oh, before I forget, rode up to the lake yesterday and found a great hole in the wall dinner. 

Yes, I am Guilty as charged.  I've only been riding to work though.  Maybe in April I get to do some fun riding. 

11 hours ago, RDawson said:

Haven’t been riding much, back and hip problems keeping me sidelined. 

My arthritic right hip gave me grief for over 15 years.  Finally it got so bad I couldn't tolerate it any more.  Several patients recommended a good surgeon who used the posterior procedure which supposedly takes more time to recover from but the doctor can see what he is doing better and he did the total hip joint replacement last Sept. 27.  I shoulda had it done sooner.  It's wonderful not having that hip pain any more.  My back even feels better.  The key is finding a good surgeon I think.  There is lots of information on the web about the surgery.  There are three different procedures, the anterior, lateral, and the posterior.  I even watched a video of the operation which was gruesome. It worked out great for me but I am retired and didn't have to worry about getting back to work.  

7 hours ago, BlueSky said:

Had X-rays and MRI, doc says the hip is good. No explanation for the pain unless coming from my back. The nerve bundle going to the hip passes between the two vertebrae I crushed in a wreck 36 years ago. Gonna get that checked soon, 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, RDawson said:

Had X-rays and MRI, doc says the hip is good. No explanation for the pain unless coming from my back. The nerve bundle going to the hip passes between the two vertebrae I crushed in a wreck 36 years ago. Gonna get that checked soon, 

Hopefully they find the issue.

1 hour ago, RDawson said:

That can do it!

2 hours ago, RDawson said:

I don't know if this applies to you, but several times over the years, I would get sciatic nerve pain in my right leg when I was on my feet.  I would have to sit or place my foot on something high to relieve the pain.  What seemed to get rid of the pain was going on a 1,000 calorie/day diet which is a good solution for any pain related to arthritis I suppose.  

i'm sorry but i won't ride in snow or on salty roads! did that a couple of years ago n had to hall the bike on a trailer to the next town 2 days in a  row to the carwash to try n get the salt off of it!  never again. may load it up n hall it to  warmer weather to ride, but not on salt laiden n gravel  on blacktop  winter roads! just my opinion!🙃

23 hours ago, dueyk1111 said:

i'm sorry but i won't ride in snow or on salty roads! did that a couple of years ago n had to hall the bike on a trailer to the next town 2 days in a  row to the carwash to try n get the salt off of it!  never again. may load it up n hall it to  warmer weather to ride, but not on salt laiden n gravel  on blacktop  winter roads! just my opinion!🙃

I understand what you're saying. The years of my riding are now on the shorter side so I want to ride as much as possible. I rode year around in northern Ohio as a kid. Had a Honda CB200, Suzuki 400 enduro style and a Yamaha 400. It wasn't terrible salt conditions that I remember but I do remember washing them off constantly. We had an old wood/coal stove in the garage and we always had a fire going. Wash/rinse outside and then into the garage to let dry.  Part of the reason I moved south was to ride year around and a job opportunity presented itself for me to make the move.

oh yeah, we followed the front wheel for about 200 miles yesterday we had a couple of small errands to run about 30 miles apart but the rest was miles of smiles. All the good stuff about the bike and the frustrating stuff on the bike was still there but it all together was therapeutic.  

• Like 2