IGNORED

Freebird Centerstand Measurements

OK...I am so sorry that it took me so long to get around to this but for those who wanted a bit of detail on how I made the center stands for the RSV, I have added some measurements and pictures to the original thread in the tech library. You can see it here.

Please note that I am no longer offering these stands. This information is provided for those of you who wish to make your own.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1427

• 1 year later...

Its amazing what you come across on this fantastic site.

I have a question for Freebird - did you encounter any clearance issues with your stands?

I only ask as we have a lot of bends in the UK. I'm not suggesting you dont swing your RSV's as much as we do just that we are probabaly required to more often due to our old road system.

Whilst on the subject of suspension, I'm sure this question has been asked before but is there an easy way of getting out the old shock on my 2000 RSV thats a little less complicated than the 'Clymer' way?

Cheers Alasdair

:backinmyday:

Its amazing what you come across on this fantastic site.

I have a question for Freebird - did you encounter any clearance issues with your stands?

I only ask as we have a lot of bends in the UK. I'm not suggesting you dont swing your RSV's as much as we do just that we are probabaly required to more often due to our old road system.

If flb sees this, maybe he'll chime in. A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to take a look at the centerstand on a bike, and it looked great. On that same bike (flb's) the exhaust pipes, crash bars, and floorboards were obviously familiar with the pavement - as he can really throw his bike around, :). With all of the marks, I do not recall the centerstand being marred all that much. So from memory anyways and based on the looks of flb's bike, I would 'venture' the guess that the centerstand will not limit your lean any more than the stock parts do.

Hope that helps. :happy34:

I've heard a couple of people mention that they scraped the stand in a left lean. I'm not sure how that happened unless the stand was not all the way up. My bike does not have the AIS system on it and that may be why. The AIS will prevent it from going up completely if you don't reverse the bracket on the AIS. I've drug my floorboards and my mufflers (before adding the leveling links) and never drug the stand.

My AIS is still attached but reworked to allow the stand to fully retract against the left exhaust.

I think it has to do with the lever on the centerstand. That is what seems to drag. It's not bad. Has only happened about six times in two years.

Would anyone out there be prepared to let me have the measurements for a gen 1 centre stand? I probably only need the height of the stand and the width of the bolt fittings at the top. Having asked around here in the UK for a gen 1 centre stand no one has any, so I need to see if any other Yam bikes have a similar stand to either fit or chop to fit.

Thanks

:fingers-crossed-emo

I think I've got one or two old stands around here somewhere. I'm headed out of town though so won't be able to measure for you until I return on Friday. I have to find them first. I could also send you one if you want me to. Just the cost of shipping is all I would ask but I have to tell you, it could be expensive to shop to you due to the size and weight. When I was selling the stands, shipping was as much as $25.00 even to points in the USA.

Thats a very kind offer Freebird on the centre stand, and one I think I'll take you up on. Perhaps it might be best if we leave shipping a stand until after Christmas. I'd hate for it to get lost over here with our current postal difficulties. In the meantime are you in a position to find out how much shipping to the UK would be and how would I pay you for it. I am assuming its easier to find out from your end, if not let me know. I can send you my e-mail address if this makes communication easier.

My grateful thanks once again Alasdair

:bagpipes-emoticon: