IGNORED

Honda CT 125

Freebird

Who knew?  I had no idea that Honda had come out with the CT again.  I had a CT 90 years ago and it was a great, fun little bike.  Only think really missing is the high/low transmission but otherwise, the reviews are great.  If Eileen's back would get better, I would consider buying a couple of these.

2022-trail125-abs-glowing_red-1950x1140.jpg copy.png

• Like 2

I still have my daughters 1968 CT-90 sitting in the basement. I cant count the number of deer I dragged out of the woods with that thing.  Low range in 1st gear = unstoppable! Sometimes even 2 deer at once!! AMAZING MACHINES for sure!! Love this thread!! 

Edited by cowpuc

I csme very close to pulling the trigger on a pair of these a couple of days ago.  They are in short supply right now.  I guess the same BS supply chain issues and etc.  Most dealers are telling me that they should have some in 90 days or so.   After much searching, I found a couple of them in Pittsburg but two different dealers.  A couple of things changed my mind.  Though I hope that Eileen gets control of her back pain, she hasn't had any success yet.  I thought it would be fun to cruise around the back roads and explore some trails if we could find any but just don't know if she'll be able to.  Another thing is the lack of the low/high transmission.  In my opinion, that was a major plus for the old models.  At just under 9 HP,  that Low range is pretty much essential if you get off road and find some steep inclines and etc.  The engine just doesn't have the torque to do it in high range.  For what I'm looking to do with them, I think finding a couple of nice older models would be the way to go.  If I do anything at all.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, BlueSky said:

At CT70 just popped up on Facebook Marketplace I noticed today.  It looks like new.  The owner said he bought it at an estate sale and it only has 300 miles on it.  

Wife's youngest brother had a 90's Chinese knock-off CT70 when he was younger.  It had been sitting in the back of the parents shed for 10+yrs when I asked him if he was just going to let it rot away.  He tells me "You can't get parts for it! It's worthless." He had ridden it like any 12-yr old would and smashed it against trees, left it in a creek, etc etc etc...  I knew of a shop in Michigan that specialized in Honda mini-bike restorations, said they could get me parts that were MOSTLY a match but would take a bit of fabrication or re-wiring to be totally correct.  $300 in hand controls and misc parts later its a fully functional 4-spd centripetal clutch runner.  In the Chicagoland area real Honda 70s & 90s go for upwards of $3k.

2017-05-17 20.40.56.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BlueSky said:

I've really enjoyed watching this guy's videos!

https://c90adventures.co.uk/

At CT70 just popped up on Facebook Marketplace I noticed today.  It looks like new.  The owner said he bought it at an estate sale and it only has 300 miles on it.  

That's an. interesting website.  I'll dive deeper into it later.  I watched two YouTube videos on the new CT125.   One was a trip across Colorado and the other Alaska.  They were both very complimentary of the new bike but both mentioned that then had to dog paddle up a couple of off road hills to make it up.  That was never thee case with the originals that had the high low transmissions and it turned me off on them a bit.