IGNORED

This might be interesting

Freebird

I don't know if this has been asked here before.  Looking back on all your years of riding, what single bike that you owned or would have liked to have owned that was your all time favorite.  I've owned many bikes.  Hondas, Yamahas, Kawasakis, Harleys, etc.  Now I'm not even talking about performance, handling, reliability, etc.  Just the bike that thought was beautiful.  Here is one that I've always loved but have never owned.  I always liked the springer forks even though I know that they were not the best for handling.  Then when Harley came out with the 2003 anniversary edition I thought, and still think, that is was beautiful.  Love the 2003 color scheme.  So, I guess this would have to be my choice.

2003 Springer.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That is some great looking iron ..I have not had  anything new since the early 1970''s .. I repair and ride older bikes and when the bike does not fit me , I make it fit ...I  day dream and wish for a newer ride , but unfortunately where we  live it costs the minimum  $13000, and into $25000... 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Woody said:

I had the 06 also and the color with that big badge on the tank just made it a great looking bike. 

I guess I'm just that guy... With the exception of my first bike (1982 Honda Night Hawk), I have taken the tank badges off every one of my bikes...lol

• Like 1

Hard to pin it down to one favorite. I truly loved every bike I've owned.

After thinking long and hard I think the one may be the 1970 Yamaha XS650.

I was 16 and working for a local Yamaha dealer assembling new bikes when I opened the crate and fell in love.

She never made it to the show room floor.

Not mine but this is how she looked..

Yamaha XS650 Gallery - Classic Motorbikes

• Like 3

On 1/28/2023 at 10:54 AM, Freebird said:

I don't know if this has been asked here before.  Looking back on all your years of riding, what single bike that you owned or would have liked to have owned that was your all time favorite.  I've owned many bikes.  Hondas, Yamahas, Kawasakis, Harleys, etc.  Now I'm not even talking about performance, handling, reliability, etc.  Just the bike that thought was beautiful.  Here is one that I've always loved but have never owned.  I always liked the springer forks even though I know that they were not the best for handling.  Then when Harley came out with the 2003 anniversary edition I thought, and still think, that is was beautiful.  Love the 2003 color scheme.  So, I guess this would have to be my choice.

2003 Springer.png

That Heritage Springer has always been right at the top of my list too my brother. Personally I prefer the earlier ones,, thinking 98ish when they had the grates front and back and were still putting the Evo's in them. They also had decorative seating and bags with reflectors on em but INDEED,, our minds think a LOT alike @Freebird. The very top of list are two that I did have the pleasure of owning, one of which I had to build to aquire.. Its between Olivia, my 42 HD and one of the chops that I built to my liking... Talk about a  tuff choice here. I think I am going to have to break the Club rules once again and call it a tie.. LOL DSCN0126.JPG.12d91519f5a7b548c2e21c99641b971d.JPG2031408557_ti3(3).JPG.9ed12d6ffa9bc0e552550f00d2c389b9.JPG

• Like 4

Just out of College I came across a black 100th Avn. Road King Classic for a stupid-cheap price with only a few thousand miles on it.  Nothing fancy, but just a "classic" looker in black and chrome on spokes and white walls.  Bike was the epidemy of Friday-afternoon construction and spent 360 days out of my 3-1/2yrs of ownership in the shop....but when it was washed and waxed it looked phenomenal, and you didn't see many all-black 100th's.

Edit:  3+ yrs and I managed to put 30k miles on it despite the constant breakdowns but my warranty was up and I was done.  Ended up selling it private for the same money I had into it minus the warranty (that did pay for its self).  

As for straight up smiles, I currently have '07 Ural Tourist.  My wife hates it cause every gas stop is a 30min conversation with everyone who comes out of the woodwork to ask what the hell is that...   

100_2348.jpg

2022-09-14 12.01.37.jpg

Edited by BratmanXj
  • Like 2

I always wanted an old school 750 Honda chopper with a extended springer. Pretty much like the one pictured

I am sure it would be terribly uncomfortable but back then it wasn't a real consideration.

BTW: In my neck of the woods (Minnesota) you never painted a bike green, never, never, never!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bubber said:

I always wanted an old school 750 Honda chopper with a extended springer. Pretty much like the one pictured

I am sure it would be terribly uncomfortable but back then it wasn't a real consideration.

BTW: In my neck of the woods (Minnesota) you never painted a bike green, never, never, never!

Bubba I built quite a few Chops over the years and loved em all. That particular bike made numerous cross country trips with me onboard and I gotta say,, it was actually one of most comfortable touring bikes I ever owned.  Mainly because I used a "Soft Ride" 1969  Santee frame to start with, I just needed to rake the neck a few more degree's to get the trail correct for its 16 over springer. That combo proved VERY comfortable for long distance cruising. It made for AWESOME trips to the Sturgis Rally as well as a real fun local rally scoot.  The springer combined with the rear shocks made for the softest ride I ever had. The chopped long bikes are very decieving in their rideability. Now hardtails, which I also built numerous of,, not so much.. Talk about spine wreckers LOL..  I LOVE CHOPPERS and miss the late 60's n early 70's chopper days.. It was amazing how much stuff there was out there to build with back then. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bubber said:

I always wanted one of those also.

I have always wanted a venture since the day they came out. Now I have the 89 and love it. Think I will always own a 1st gen as long as I remain riding. I would also love to own a Ural with side car as a second bike. If I could have afforded it. Guess I am not much on flash but more about what suits my riding style.

• Like 1