IGNORED

So Where Are We Going In 2023?

etcswjoe

Hello Forum.

I'm not sure about the August time frame, but the wife and I have planned to take the RV and trailer out to Arizona in May. It is our desire to stay out in that area for a month to 6 weeks riding different areas as the weather permits.  That part of the country has an awful lot of options for riding in the early spring.

Steve

Working with a dr for a few more weeks to see what my spring looks like, hoping to start planning a get together here again soon. Looking maybe early June. Loose plans to take a trip up the Blue Ridge in July with the marm before school fires up. It’ll be her last summer vacation before retiring in 2024.  Hoping to make Vogel in August, a lot depends on the next few weeks dealing with the doc on my back and hip. 

• Like 3

I will be at Myrtle Beach Bike rally with an Ocean front room from May 15 - 21,

Ocean Front at Jeep Week in Daytona Florida for April 24 - 29

August 15 to August Sunday August 20 in Blairsville GA

And any others I can find to ride to if Don has a Maintenance Day in Ohio 

Edited by Skid
  • Like 2

On 12/27/2022 at 8:47 AM, uncledj said:

I'd be up for a trip down to Asheville or the like.....Is the WNY Rally now a dead issue?

Yah,,, that rally kind of petered out. We thought we made the right moves but then it turned out not as right as we thought, then covid came along and more issues, so at least for now, it ain't happening.

12 hours ago, djh3 said:

Hmmm When I was teaching class the August meet never worked. But with the new job, I may be able to get a kitchen pass for 3 days or so from the wife. Whats dates? Aug 15 thru 20th?

If you are referring to Vogel it is the 16th thru 20th, 

On 12/26/2022 at 7:38 PM, Steve S said:

Hello Forum.

I'm not sure about the August time frame, but the wife and I have planned to take the RV and trailer out to Arizona in May. It is our desire to stay out in that area for a month to 6 weeks riding different areas as the weather permits.  That part of the country has an awful lot of options for riding in the early spring.

Steve

Steve,

If you can move the date to April, you should have better weather. May can be warm around Phoenix area! This year, the long range forecast shows high 80's to mid 90's. But it can go into the 100's!

There are two of us in Tucson area @kic and myself. If you need anything, hopefully we will be around to help.

david

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Late to the Party, but we have just booked to take the Royal Star to Paris, then onto the Alsace town of Colmar (France), with a day trip to Lucerne in Switzerland at the End of May.

Nicole can't fly so our holidays are usually driven (Spain, Italy, Germany, France), however, this will be our first 'euro' trip on a bike together. 

Excited isn't the word!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, GrahamLFCkeeper said:

Late to the Party, but we have just booked to take the Royal Star to Paris, then onto the Alsace town of Colmar (France), with a day trip to Lucerne in Switzerland at the End of May.

Nicole can't fly so our holidays are usually driven (Spain, Italy, Germany, France), however, this will be our first 'euro' trip on a bike together. 

Excited isn't the word!

One of these days :) Enjoy the trip, we expect of pics and vids. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Husband and I are headed to Sidecars in the Smokies April 24 - 30.

He bought a 2008 VStar with Freedom sidecar last March and I'm still moseying along on my 2004 Venture with 2007 Champion sidecar.

Pray for us. First long trip together :)

And.....E.T.A.R. Easter Traditional Archery Rendezvous in Wellsboro, PA (PA grand canyon) July 26 - 30

Sure there will be more as John retired. Yippee!

Edited by MJ44
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, MJ44 said:

Husband and I are headed to Sidecars in the Smokies April 24 - 30.

He bought a 2008 VStar with Freedom sidecar last March and I'm still moseying along on my 200 Venture with 2007 Champion sidecar.

Pray for us. First long trip together :)

That sounds like fun, wish y'all safe travels and a great trip. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My brother in law wants a bunch of his friends and family to do a Mesa AZ to Havasu to Bruce Canyon and finish on the million dollar hwy in May. There are 10 of us so far.  This is why I picked up my 2005 RSTD.

I get to ride there and back from South Dakota. He is then coming here for the Sturgis Rally. 

Other than that I plan to spend my weekends riding the Black Hills and surrounding area. If any of you are in the area and want to do a ride let me know. 

• Like 3

On 3/2/2023 at 8:41 PM, RSTDGUY said:

My brother in law wants a bunch of his friends and family to do a Mesa AZ to Havasu to Bruce Canyon and finish on the million dollar hwy in May. There are 10 of us so far.  This is why I picked up my 2005 RSTD.

I get to ride there and back from South Dakota. He is then coming here for the Sturgis Rally. 

Other than that I plan to spend my weekends riding the Black Hills and surrounding area. If any of you are in the area and want to do a ride let me know. 

Sounds like a great ride, did the Million Dollar Hwy in 2016 would love to go to Sturgis, just not during the Rally, I don't do crowds well.