IGNORED

Thinking about selling out

Freebird

5 hours ago, bpate4home said:

Well, my wife is from Long Island and I'm actually from an area about 30 minutes north of Don. I miss having more land, a lot. We have lived in cities mostly with lawns that can be mowed, trimmed and all cleaned up in about 20 - 30 minutes since we got married. I can't stand the street lights, even after 35+ years of this. I've convinced her we need to look for something with 2+ acres.  I would prefer 10+ but I can't afford that in Texas and be close enough to a major airport for work. Right now we're looking around Jacksonville, FL. Not sure I would want all the flower beds, a garden for vegetables, herbs and peppers with some fruit trees would be nice. I'm in my mid 50's and yes a lot of the body hurts from foolish stuff as a kid, I firmly believe the key to a longer healthier life is a lot of moving around and working. I have a lot of relatives that lived past 100. Jokingly I tell everyone I'm going to live to be 149 and be shot by a jealous husband as I run away. Gotta have goals. BTW here's the current yard. 

IMG_0529.jpeg

Back yard 1.jpeg

Wouldn't work for me: pool to clean, deck to wash, no place to park my new lawn mower or my snowblower,,,, nah,, I'll stay here thanks!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Marcarl said:

Wouldn't work for me: pool to clean, deck to wash, no place to park my new lawn mower or my snowblower,,,, nah,, I'll stay here thanks!

Loretta and I built the backyard living area about 4 years ago. Manufactured decking, sink with running water but a drywell ground drain and all cedar lumber.  We just finished the cedar ceiling this year.  Full electrical, Bose speakers and AM/FM/Bluetooth receiver. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We also did the same thing 4 years ago, close down my motorcycle shop, sold our home of 24 years, moved up to our cabin with some small additions and had to build an big garage just for the things we kept. BIG change but we like it now and a lot less work so we can ride more LOL Good luck for the Hunt

Edited by bikenut