IGNORED

Happy Thanksgiving!!

videoarizona

Just a note to wish all my brothers and sisters a Happy Thanksgiving and the beginning of a wonderful Holiday Season!

Be well, be happy, be content with what you have! Hug your family...

Take a break from shoveling, look up, stick your tongue out and catch a snowflake.... Listen to the silence.

I grew up in snow... But that time is past for me....

I'll be in envy of you snowbirds.... As I dust my scoot off and go for a ride today....

Smile.....

david

• Like 6

Thanksgiving is also a good time to consider our life after this one and to discover how we would get there if there is one. For most of us this life has been very awesome, yes we may have had some issues along the way, but generally speaking, in North America, and many other regions on this earth, life has been quite good. If this then is your best life, where might your next life be? Time to give Thanks.

• Like 2

The weatherman ushered in some freezing temps just in time for deer season, Friday I was riding in a t shirt, Saturday hunting in the snow. Nights down in the teens. We’ll try to finish filling the freezer in the next couple days before the 60* riding weather comes back by Thanksgiving. 

2 hours ago, bpate4home said:

Happy Thanksgiving all. And I'm jealous of all you getting to go out and do some hunting. 

Believe I’ll smoke a deer ham for Thanksgiving. Between my daughter and me we’ve gotten 5 for the freezer. I’m extra thankful as both kids will be here for the holiday and my 20 y/o daughter still likes to come home to hunt and fish with dad. Can’t beat it. Hope everyone has a great one too. 

A44E0B5C-C3FF-40AB-987B-4ACC2B87F422.jpeg

• Like 3

On 11/23/2022 at 10:46 AM, RDawson said:

Believe I’ll smoke a deer ham for Thanksgiving. Between my daughter and me we’ve gotten 5 for the freezer. I’m extra thankful as both kids will be here for the holiday and my 20 y/o daughter still likes to come home to hunt and fish with dad. Can’t beat it. Hope everyone has a great one too. 

A44E0B5C-C3FF-40AB-987B-4ACC2B87F422.jpeg

That’s a lot of antlerless.  Pa rifle starts Monday, but alas I live in Utah for the past seven years and haven’t taken a single gun for a walk.  Laws are so money hungry here it makes you not want to bother.

Happy Thanxgiving all!  Hope everyone enjoyed a bounty.

Edited by Pasta Burner

28 minutes ago, Pasta Burner said:

That’s a lot of antlerless.  Pa rifle starts Monday, but alas I live in Utah for the past seven years and haven’t taken a single gun for a walk.  Laws are so money hungry here it makes you not want to bother.

Happy Thanxgiving all!  Hope everyone enjoyed a bounty.

We are so overrun with deer our laws are loose. $62 gets you a license and 4 tags. One antlered limit, no limit on antlerless. After filling the first 4 tags they’re $15 a pair. No matter how long you cook em the antlers never get tender so I just shoot the ones without. 🤣

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, RDawson said:

We are so overrun with deer our laws are loose. $62 gets you a license and 4 tags. One antlered limit, no limit on antlerless. After filling the first 4 tags they’re $15 a pair. No matter how long you cook em the antlers never get tender so I just shoot the ones without. 🤣

Doe license used to be coveted in PA and the season was only one or two days.  It’s changed over the years and I have no clue the law today.  Like I said I’ve been gone seven years and the last five years I lived in PA I lived on a farm in a special regulation zone within the Philadelphia WMU (mind you I was 45min from Philly, I was just a few miles away from the far boarder) so as long as I filled out the paperwork I was basically limited to freezer space, antler and antlerless year long due to agriculture damage leeway.

Edited by Pasta Burner

On 11/24/2022 at 9:25 PM, Pasta Burner said:

Doe license used to be coveted in PA and the season was only one or two days.  It’s changed over the years and I have no clue the law today.  Like I said I’ve been gone seven years and the last five years I lived in PA I lived on a farm in a special regulation zone within the Philadelphia WMU (mind you I was 45min from Philly, I was just a few miles away from the far boarder) so as long as I filled out the paperwork I was basically limited to freezer space, antler and antlerless year long due to agriculture damage leeway.

Not long after I moved to Texas where everything is a hunting lease, I met someone with access to 4500 acres and culling permits. At the beginning of the season, it was $250 for the first buck then $500 each buck after that. Does were $100 flat. 1 buck and 1 doe. At the end of the season the guy called me as he had 15 more doe permits to fill and asked me and my boys to come back out. No extra charge and any meat we did not have room for we would donate to those in need around the ranch. Boys couldn't come so I took a week off and cleared his tags. Topped off my freezer, one of the boys freezers and we went to a neighborhood about 30 minutes away, butchered and gave the rest away. That was probably the most satisfying week I have ever had hunting. This was the only time I've ever done anything like this as he started doing a dear lease the next year. 

• Like 3