IGNORED

Time sure is flying by.

RDawson

DFF4B2FD-A569-4580-BAA8-9C3E904809B6.thumb.jpeg.79c3aa7c96963309277a699157c85e8b.jpegSitting in the deer blind looking at the dusting of snow we got this morning I can’t help but think how it seems like yesterday I was riding the bike down a sunshiny highway. Wait, it was yesterday, 15 hours before this pic it was t-shirt weather. 

• Like 3

We don't feel so much like when we were 40, or 20 either. I think we are a bit slower at things. The items that were light once upon a time, they now make a lot heavier, they seemed to have moved the mailbox further away and the street lights don't shine as bright anymore. At times they move the streets so that a feller could get lost going to his friend's house and they closed the store that we always go to. Used to be when everything was done right they made toilets that you didn't have to fall onto and then need a hand to get off of, the mattresses were softer and the pillows were better as well. Don't know what's happened to the world lately, but with all the new computers and stuff that is supposed to make life easier, people aren't speaking properly anymore, they mumble a lot and have trouble seeing around themselves and so run others over at the cross walk.

Wonder what it will be like when I get to 80. I'm not there yet, at least I wasn't yesterday when I checked last, but they are trying to tell me to get ready,,, lots of signs along the road saying it's going to happen. Wish they weren't in such a hurry hoping they will change the signs to read 40 soon.

JMT

• Like 5

Yup....it's kinda scary how quickly time goes by...looking back.    Seems like it flys by,  looking backwards,  but seems to crawl along,  looking forward...

Gonna hit the big 60 next month.   Not looking forward to that.

As far as the seasons go,....it seems that Summer goes by so quick, but Winter lasts so long.

On the good side....I'm almost done with leaves for this year....YAY !!!...

23 hours ago, Marcarl said:

We don't feel so much like when we were 40, or 20 either. I think we are a bit slower at things. The items that were light once upon a time, they now make a lot heavier, they seemed to have moved the mailbox further away and the street lights don't shine as bright anymore. At times they move the streets so that a feller could get lost going to his friend's house and they closed the store that we always go to. Used to be when everything was done right they made toilets that you didn't have to fall onto and then need a hand to get off of, the mattresses were softer and the pillows were better as well. Don't know what's happened to the world lately, but with all the new computers and stuff that is supposed to make life easier, people aren't speaking properly anymore, they mumble a lot and have trouble seeing around themselves and so run others over at the cross walk.

Wonder what it will be like when I get to 80. I'm not there yet, at least I wasn't yesterday when I checked last, but they are trying to tell me to get ready,,, lots of signs along the road saying it's going to happen. Wish they weren't in such a hurry hoping they will change the signs to read 40 soon.

JMT

I don't know about all things being heavier I toted a hundred dollars worth of groceries from the car in just one trip yesterday I think I'm getting stronger 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, sleepy2 said:

@uncledj I remember that age and like what has been said I was once getting to 30 and now I'm way past 60(just turned 68 last week) WHERE did it go??????????

Maybe it's time to consider what happens when the time is used up. It may be sooner than we think, and then it may be too late to decide a direction.

• 4 weeks later...

Time flies especially during the warm summer months for me.  There is never enough time to take all the vacations I want to take each year. I still get a day in the 50’s or 60’s here and there to ride but I’m looking forward to riding season again 

• Like 2