IGNORED

Repairing breaks in trunk.

Steve S

Hello Forum.

I took the trunk off my trike to do some wiring for new lights and found there were some serious cracks and holes in the bottom of the trunk.  I would like to replace it but I doubt I can find one that color so I will make a serious attempt to repair it. 

Could someone tell me what type of compound make a good solid glue to bond the abs plastic.  I have used fiberglass cloth and resin with good success on boats in the past, but I'm not sure if this will bond to the plastic trunk.  

Any help would be appreciated. 

Steve

Have used the plastifix long ago and it seemed to work fine. It is a lot lighter than going with fiberglass (which does work) but is also heavier. I think adding more weight (depending on how big an area your talking about) can be counterproductive in the long run IMHO.  But then again, I’m no “expert”. Just sharing my own results.

I'm not sure that one makes a whole lot of difference from another. I fixed my 85 trunk with 15 minute epoxy on the road one year, just to get us back home. It never let go after that. Be sure to scuff the repair before adding the fix, I think that is the most important.

• Like 3