IGNORED

Small change to the trike

Freebird

15 hours ago, Freebird said:

Made a little modification today.  I like it but haven't tried it out yet.  Anybody spot the change?

IMG_0428.jpg

You got it.  I actually did add the front fender rail a while back but installed the wheel and new tire yesterday.   Love the look but don’t know yet about the ride and handling.   I’m optimistic though. Chromed Stratoliner wheel.  Decided to leave the pie plates off.  Can always put them back on later if I decide to. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dueyk1111 said:

so a dummy question  here, is the stratoliner rim smaller?  🤔

Stratoliner is an 18" wheel with a 130 tire that's a direct bolt on to the Ventures.  Upgrades the looks with the bigger front wheel, lightens the steering with the 130 (vs 150 stock) width front tire.

If you get REALLY lucky and find the chrome Stratoliner rotors they're full-floaters vs our solid disk on the Venture.

Just now, BratmanXj said:

Stratoliner is an 18" wheel with a 130 tire that's a direct bolt on to the Ventures.  Upgrades the looks with the bigger front wheel, lightens the steering with the 130 (vs 150 stock) width front tire.

If you get REALLY lucky and find the chrome Stratoliner rotors they're full-floaters vs our solid disk on the Venture.

2015-01-06 21.18.50.jpg

2015-05-05 20.03.08.jpg

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Freebird said:

@BratmanXj,  I’m not very familiar with the full floating discs   What are the advantages?

The braking ring is supported by rivets with a light metal (typically aluminum) inner mounting ring.  They're slightly lighter, not that it maters on our big o'l bikes.   They dissipate heat a little bit better and since they float your less likely to have pad chatter.

Biggest thing....they're chrome an match the "lighter" look of the bigger wheel with more open space than the stock rotors.  

• Like 1