IGNORED

Blue Ridge Parkway Trip

Steve S

Hello Fellow Venture Riders.  

Patricia and I are home after a 7-day, 1800-mile trip up the Blue Ridge Parkway and Shenandoah Valley on Skyline Drive.  We were blessed with wonderful weather as we traveled up through N. Carolina and Virginia. After reaching Front Royal at the north end of Skyline Drive, we rode across W, Virginia and Ohio to Maysville Kentucky. We went to Maysville so we could ride back across KY on US 68 to our home in Hopkinsville. 

The one downside of the trip was that I have realized it will probably be the last trip we will be able to make on the bike.  The balance issues when stopped are getting worse so we decided that any future trips will be on the trike.  However, we are blessed with a wonderful last trip on the bike. I will keep the bike for future solo trips with my riding buddy.  

Steve

Edited by Steve S
  • Like 1

Hey Steve, 

Glad to hear your ride went well. That is a great ride, the wife and I did it a few years back. We started in Front Royal and rode down all the way to Maggie Valley. Turned out to be one of the hottest weeks of that year so we took a little beating from the heat but I would do it again if I get the chance. we've been talking about a trike but just talk at this point. 

Enjoy the trike

Ride safe

Bill

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Steve S said:

The balance issues when stopped are getting worse so we decided that any future trips will be on the trike.  

Steve

You wouldn't by any chance be taking lisinopril for blood pressure would you? After taking it for several years I developed severe balance issues that went away when I switched to another bp med.  Freebird had the same experience I believe.   Lisinopril is synthetic viper poison but it's effective and cheap.  

48 minutes ago, BlueSky said:

I'm taking blood pressure meds, but it isn't that.  However, that could still contribute to the problem.  I firmly believe old age, numerous surgeries and bad hips and knees are the biggest problem.  

15 days ago I had a total hip joint replacement.  The last two weeks haven't been fun, but I'm walking around unsupported now with no pain.  The good surgeons are amazing.  If you need one, go for it.  I'm 78 and I'm looking forward to riding again.

• Like 2