IGNORED

National Motorcycle Ride Day

etcswjoe

Google says it is today and I think we will make a three day event out of it, Had a great ride yesterday of about 170 miles mostly back roads and country with some good friends we will see what today and tomorrow holds in store for us.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, uncledj said:

Driving up to Y-town to install a boiler for a friend....He hasn't had heat since last Spring...

Nice to have a friend willing to install a boiler, hope you had a good ride and your friend now has heat. 

• Like 1

I was supposed to meet up with a coworker today and lead him on a ride to get use to his new Goldwing but after waiting for him to show up at the meeting spot for two hours, calling, texting and even going by his house I finally gave up and rode around the lake.  I did find a new place to eat so it was not a total loss.  I just hope he is not in a ditch somewhere so I can be mad at him, but until then I will be worried until I hear from him.  

Macdaddys view.jpg

MAcdaddy's catfish.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, etcswjoe said:

I was supposed to meet up with a coworker today and lead him on a ride to get use to his new Goldwing but after waiting for him to show up at the meeting spot for two hours, calling, texting and even going by his house I finally gave up and rode around the lake.  I did find a new place to eat so it was not a total loss.  I just hope he is not in a ditch somewhere so I can be mad at him, but until then I will be worried until I hear from him.  

Macdaddys view.jpg

MAcdaddy's catfish.jpg

Know the feeling.

• Thanks 1

!!!!!!! I LOVE it when somebody recognizes a restaurant!  How random is it a guy in WV knows a little place in SC?  And for it to come together here on our little slice of the internet.  Yeah we all know the tourist attraction places but not often off the beaten path ones.

Edited by Pasta Burner

26 minutes ago, Pasta Burner said:

!!!!!!! I LOVE it when somebody recognizes a restaurant!  How random is it a guy in WV knows a little place in SC?  And for it to come together here on our little slice of the internet.  Yeah we all know the tourist attraction places but not often off the beaten path ones.

Come to think of it that is cool, and this place is definitely off the beaten path. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, etcswjoe said:

Come to think of it that is cool, and this place is definitely off the beaten path. 

I’ve settled down now but I travelled extensively for work for many years and embraced the mantra of one of “my Scoutmasters…”We didn’t travel 2k miles to eat what we could eat, or do what we can do at home”

Edited by Pasta Burner
  • Like 1

I am making plans to do some riding in the USA in 2023 as I am sure the gasoline prices .. I hope will not be near what they are in Canada ...I paid $9.58 per gallon today hear in Morden , Manitoba ..I have friends and family   across the USA I have not seen for more than 2 years , and 2023 may a good time to pay them a visit ....  I do hope that this thing called   COVID stays away 

12 hours ago, Freebird said:

You never know.   Gas prices are creeping back up now.  Doesn't look good.

Here in Canada 37% of the price of gasoline is tax  ...Every time the government needs cash they will find a way of adding another tax