IGNORED

Hurricane Ian

N3FOL

Been talking to my daughter about it. We moved her to Gainesville in June, first year of residency there. Her first ever hurricane, add to that a first time home owner, and she’s a bit overwhelmed. I was really thinking of heading down there tomorrow morning to help her but the forecast for her area is getting better. Dad isn’t liking it. ☹️☹️☹️

• Like 2

Down graded to a tropical storm and is tracking further south than the earlier projections suggested, we are still getting a fair amount of rain and wind, the center of it should clear the eastern coastline  sometime Thursday afternoon. Should exit the state down around Cocoa Beach then track northward along the coast, so a few more days of wind and rain.

Tropical storm all day today in Jacksonville. It’s projected to pass us further east off the coast, which is good for us. Heavy rain coming in soon. A friend in Cape Coral had his pool lanai ripped off. No power outage here so far. Be safe!

Edited by 1BigDog

My thoughts and prayers go out to the people in a hurricane / tornado ...I live in Manitoba  and get temperatures down to minus 40 degrees and piles of snow , and their is no way I would trade for the weather conditions I see on the news that the eastern coast line has .

We have offices in Florida and close friends in Port Charlotte FL that too the direct hit from the storm. They were out of town on business and found out late yesterday that their house was fine.  I was somewhat suprised by this as they are on one of those finger canals about 1/4 mile inland. Here is part of a report (I handle the business continuity for our firm) I do.  

Ian and strengthened back to Hurricane status as a cat 1 storm. Tracks and models still look for a 2nd US landfall in Georgetown South Carolina around 2:00pm today. As of the NOAA report at 5:00am it is in the Atlantic east of Georgia.

Landfall likelihood:

image.png.ac59c700d3c3ef07d097a7ce5d86732d.png

From what I've heard, Western Florida also did not do well since the hurricane came in and hit land during 'high tide'.  South Carolina coast was fortunate since the storm arrived during 'low tide'.   Rebuilding will take years.  

Sometimes we take for granted...electricity, clean water and gas...etc.  Several Floridians are still out of power and basic necessities of life and the search for available gas is at a premium.  The struggle continues and clean up is underway.  I pray for good weather down south.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1