IGNORED

I Really Appreciate You Folks

etcswjoe

Dealing with other forums makes me really appreciate everyone on here. I was searching through another forum and before I could find the answer, I had to weed through all of the comments chastising the original poster for asking the question instead of searching. I understand that searching before asking is a good thing, but instead of 5 pages of negative comments someone could have given the one sentence answer or at list posted the link to another post. 

With that said I need to be better in answering post, even if they have been asked 1,000,000 times. 

• Like 3

Joe, I know what you mean.... Was away from here for a while...  Other forums are not the same as here.... One forum I go to for my Spyder is good but there is a moderator that spell check and grammar checks each post also changes them to fit his idea of what a post should be... He cracks me up and pisses me off at the same time.  Folks just posting search is your friend with-out helping out is a little belittling.... Maybe the person asking is not able to do a search, using the proper key words, to find the correct info...  Everyone has strengths and weaknesses....  VR.Org is special and I found that out when I was away...  This was the first MC Forum I signed up for and it's the best that I've encountered....

• Like 2

Thanks for this thread.  This group has always strived to provide help, not criticize.  Some people are good at searching and others, not so much.  Besides that, sometimes things change.  There are new ways discovered to accomplish certain tasks, new products on the market, some products no longer available.  Nothing wrong with going over an issue again.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, etcswjoe said:

Dealing with other forums makes me really appreciate everyone on here. I was searching through another forum and before I could find the answer, I had to weed through all of the comments chastising the original poster for asking the question instead of searching. I understand that searching before asking is a good thing, but instead of 5 pages of negative comments someone could have given the one sentence answer or at list posted the link to another post. 

With that said I need to be better in answering post, even if they have been asked 1,000,000 times. 

I started following this group shortly after buying my bike new in 2008.  I rarely contribute (because I'm kind of a moron), but have learned more from my fellow riders here than I can ever show my appreciation for.

• Like 3

The only problem with this group is the 💰💰💰. No not the $12. I started with a 1st gen to ride locally, joined the group and learned about the 2nd Gen. SO I went out and bought one, then came all the recommended mods. Throw in the touring that started, gas, hotels, more gas, yada yada yada. Then more mods.  The good part is the friends we’ve made here that we would’ve never met, places we’ve seen, and more fun than I deserve. I wouldn’t have it any other way. Well done Don. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I too have never before encountered such a welcoming group of strangers.  Everyone here is a genuinely good person with only the best intentions in mind.  Even if a member is the type to blast someone on another forum they understand it will not be tolerated here.  

As far as the search and you shall see idea…yeah I’m sometimes more inclined to start a new thread rather than reviving one 10 years old if I have further questions.  I do try to link the old thread.

Edited by Pasta Burner
  • Like 2

People from so many walks of life have gathered here because of their love for the particular type of motorcycle we love to ride, TO START WITH! Then they find out that we all have other things in common as well. Don has created this "Microcosm" where we can ALL enjoy making new friends, learn about our bikes, and help each other in the safety of this little community that has formed over the years. I personally have made so many friends over the years, and have watched as fellow forum members worked through issues with their bikes. I have also witnessed some of our dearest members pass away, but I can honestly say that what my dad used to tell me rings true with this group, and that is "If you hold them in your heart, they are never really gone" As it is in all facets of our life, "Many will come, some will go, but a few will be your friend, FOREVER"! Such is how it has been for me, and I hope each and everyone of you will stick around for the magic to happen to you as well.

DON NELSON, you sir are indeed the "Magic Man"! You have rode with us, shared your home with us, shared your time with us, and broke bread with us. I feel like I should be washing your feet...or something! Apart, we are just individual motorcycle riders, but together we are a family! Slightly dysfunctional, I'll give you that, but a family none the less. I can't think of a better way to wind down the day than to check up on my friends, and NEW friends on VR.ORG. It's a habit I don't plan to break in the foreseeable future.

Thank you everyone for your humor, your advice, and your friendship! 

Earl

• Like 6