IGNORED

2019 Goldwing CSC

Woody

While we were at Asheville I noticed the front tire was getting close and then we went to Maggie Valley and by the end of it I knew I needed a front tire. Well we got it mounted and installed yesterday it is a Michelin Road Classic rear tire in reverse so we gonna give it a try. 

20220923_103339.thumb.jpg.5d9121b12c2308c375ba8ff59671ecf6.jpg

20220923_103350.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, luvmy40 said:

OK fella's, educate me.

What's the purpose of a rear rated tire on the front and why reverse the rotation?

you get a lot more miles, most have a flatter contact patch on the road. reversing it put the carcus plies in the correct direction in order to make the tire stronger and not separate. When the tire is used on the rear most of forces on the tire are on acceleration and when it is on the front most of the forces come from braking. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Woody said:

you get a lot more miles, most have a flatter contact patch on the road. reversing it put the carcus plies in the correct direction in order to make the tire stronger and not separate. When the tire is used on the rear most of forces on the tire are on acceleration and when it is on the front most of the forces come from braking. 

Ah, it's a trike thing. I hadn't twigged to the three wheeled subject matter. I was thinking this might be a "Dark Side" thing.

On 9/25/2022 at 7:33 AM, Woody said:

Hopefully I'll get to put some miles on it today or tomorrow and see how it feels, the guy at the bike shop wants to know how many miles I get out of it I hope he ant in no hurry :scratchchin:

Watches the video, but this seems to be trike related. Is this applicable when it’s not a trike?

okay I didn't say anything until I found out what was up but when I took off the front wheel and inspected the bearings I found one with no seal and one that was very hard to turn. there are four bearings or two sets and on one side I could tell that they were from different manufactures but they were the correct size, I was having trouble understanding why a wheel with only 7,000 miles on it showed signs of the bearings being changed out. So I contacted the previous owner and he says he sent the wheel to California to get it chromed and that they must have pulled the bearings to chrome it. I did replace all four bearings with the correct size and with metal seals don't know if that will be better or worse, and they are not the sets like Honda sells they are the individual bearings. What's your thoughts should these bearing be just fine?

Okay got a chance yesterday to get the new off of the Michelin Road Classic tire, Mike and Shirley came over and we enjoyed a 170 mile ride through some of Alabama's country side. I think I am going to like this tire we tried it out at all speeds and road conditions. Good friends and a good ride on a motorcycle equals a great day to be alive. 

• Like 1

On 9/30/2022 at 7:59 PM, Marcarl said:

I would think they would be if they are the right numbers and installed correctly.

The front end felt better but I'm not sure it was the bearings played a lot in what I was feeling because I also had the new tire on but I could feel a difference in the harshness of the road and also the front axle was way to tight when I removed it, I tried it with a ratchet, then my small 1/2 inch drive air impact then I brought out the big Milwaukee impact before I got it to break loose I believe it was in a bind before the new tire. 

1 hour ago, Motorcycle Mike said:

A great day and a half it was.

Thanks again for the help with the lights, company and tour.

We need to do it again soon.

You are welcome and anytime just holler, we gonna do a different ride tomorrow wish you were here.

• 1 year later...

Ok time to change the oil again, I used Honda oil the last time but since there is not a dealer close by I was thinking about going with Rotella T6. I used it in my Venture I had and liked it, but I have not seen a lot of information about using it in a Goldwing. What do you guys think?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Woody said:

Ok time to change the oil again, I used Honda oil the last time but since there is not a dealer close by I was thinking about going with Rotella T6. I used it in my Venture I had and liked it, but I have not seen a lot of information about using it in a Goldwing. What do you guys think?

Just wondering what it was about the T6 that you liked?