IGNORED

2005 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe

Hi my name is Jonathan And I'm trying to just remove my stock exhaust baffles.

They have two bolts on the side and look easy to remove, the reason I ham hear is because I am getting my carbs rebuilt and thing I need to jet them to the right specs like the mechanic says.

I have read that there no needed to be done just sinked together but I'm not sure.

Everything on the bike is stock and I just wanna do everything.

It is duel pipes since it is a 4 cylinder 

So I'm looking for the base line jetting for straight pipes for the bike 

Screenshot_20220917-114302_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220917-114257_Gallery.jpg

Removing the buffles is not just a simple remove the screws and pull them out process.  There is actually not a real good way to do it.  Here is a pictures of the inside of the mufflers.  Most everything is welded.  You would be much better off to just leave them alone and buy a set of Harley mufflers.  A lot of people do that.

RSV Mufflers.png

You can usually pick up a pair of OEM Harley mufflers (with no cat) for about $50 or less. Some have said local HD shops will almost give them away. For me, I didnt mind them around town, but on the long highway trips they were to loud for me.

• 1 month later...

Bikes are jetted rich from the factory. I have V-Max gear, K&N's, Nasty Boys exhaust, Dyna 3000 etc and Ivan's jet kit recommended reducing jet sizes. I reduced all one jet size and used the Ivan's tapered needle and the bike runs properly. The factory needle is not progressive enough and fat at the top, lean at the bottom of I remember correctly. I also rerouted EGR so it doesn't go into the airbox and the AIT is gone.